Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This poor kid

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was taught growing up that bullying was absolutely unacceptable.  My dad grew up very poor, his mother kicked him out when he was 9 years old and he went from friends house to friends house.  He was made fun of a lot because his clothes were often old and ratty.  He always made it clear to us kids that bullying was unacceptable, if we were caught making fun of another child the shit would hit the fan.  I don't think enough parents take bullying seriously and shrug it off as "Kids being kids".

Were you made fun of in school?  Did this video hit a nerve?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hot_Mamma_of_2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Yes. DH was also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Metalmommaof1
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I was severly bullied in high school. this video made me cry. because of the same thinghappening to me, but the fact that he also realizes that he is strong and he said he isnt going anywhere.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I couldn't finish watching it....I've been in his shoes. WHERE IS THAT KID!? I WANNA GIVE HIM A HUG!!

HayKay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Can't see the video, would need a link. But no, I was not bullied but my DH was. I was always told that bullying was wrong. I have always made strides to be nice and accepting. But in my adult life, I won't lie, I have a hard time holding my tongue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)