Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just another reason I am being to hate walmart!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 45 Replies
Just another reason I am begining to not like walmart. I took my 2 older boys to walmart to cash in their piggy banks at the coinstar so they could shop for their christmas gofts to each other. They got a cash ticket for $40. They did their shopping and spent $30 between the two of them and I got around $100 worth of groceries. We get to the register and I ring up my groceries. I pay for my grocies and then the boys get up to pay for their stuff. She rings up the stuff and I gave her the ticket. She scans the bar code and the register reads override. She calls a manager over and the manger puts a key in the regidter, pushes a few buttons and scans the ticket again. The transaction went throught and it say's she owes us $50. Upon reading the receit she found out they rang up the ticket twice. The store manager said they can't void out the second scan on the ticket. According to them they are out $40. I explained to her that it's not my fault you double scaanned my ticket. You guys owe my son $10. She told me that there is nothing they could do but consider it a loss on both ends. How is that fair? We ended up leaving without my son's $10. Ugh!
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candipandi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Ugh, I really hate walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherib82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

oh hell no, they fucked up they would be giving me the ten bucks. And I would be sending the company an email bout the shitty customer service

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Uhh hell to the no.  They could have done something.  Wtf?  That doesn't even make sense.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:12 PM
Would not have flown with me. Its not your fault the cashier screwed up. Plus it will screw up their totals for the day. Morons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd call corporate, explain what happened, and tell them straight up that I expect, at the very least, a $10 Walmart gift card.
BDolphins82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I work at a Walmart and I would have you ask to talk to the Store Manager.  That is not right.  She should have given you the 10 dollars as it should even out when the register is closed down, since there will only be on reciept from the Coinstar in the drawer, and the drawer will be over by 10.  

LindAngeLevi
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Wow I would have been very upset and contact a regional manager if the store manager does nothing about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407

Wow!  i would definitely contact someone higher up (there is always someone higher up).  They should be able to fix the mistake.  They basically stole from your child.

Autumn19
Why didnt you get cash instead of a ticket for the coins? Ive never heard of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM
They are out $40 so they shorted you?? Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)