Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a monster in law mil and I need opinions(Update)

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: Should we tell mil we have jobs

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

I have a monster in law mil. This woman has gotten dh and I us seperated twice. She has tried to wreck her parents marriege, My husbands aunt and ours. She has been married 5 times. So after I had our youngest son dh and I decided I was going to stay home and raise the kids. We agreed I was not going to work. So mil has insisted I work and his parents feel we should both work. So mil calls dh everyday asking has Vanessa gotten a job. Once dh told her what we were going to do she then told him to take charge and make me get one. I was livid and told dh to tell her to butt out. Then dh got a seasonal job because his job is slow. So his parents call everyday. I got annoyed and was like can you tell then to not call all the time. Its friggen annoying like they have no life. Then I got a job too for Christmas. Well dh's aunt called and wanted to speak to dh and I told her he wasnt home. Then she told me who was hiring and so on. I feel its none of my mils business and its aggrevating.So should we tell her we have jobs?

So my husband left his mom a message and said dont worry about us and we are fine. He told her that she didnt need to have her sister call. She called back and was like I never told my sister to call and offer you a job. She said she gave dhs aunt our phone number. She said I am sorry for caring but Vanessa's mom can call anytime she wants and I cant. So then she had dh's father call dh and ask when are we going to get Christmas presents. The way she mentioned my mom made me gringe it was a tone you had to be there and listen to to fully understand. My husband left a message and said to butt out of life and how my parents care for the kids and she doesnt. He told her things might turn out the same way it did for dhs  sister if she doesnt stop. Then I left a message and told dont talk about my mom like that. I told her our younger 2 are your sons child and that I was not like dhs grandparents and slept with diffrent men. My husbands grandmothers both slept with diffrent men and had a child. I told her she was a dead beat grandmother and that she favored the oldest. I told her I asked dh to take a paternity test just to prove they were his kids but he refused. I told her that its so funny your sister lived in  the same apartments as us for a year and yet now she cares about us. Our dd is 5 and this woman still hasnt met her. We lived in the same complex as her it was a 10 second walk to her house. We werent ever welcomed to her house. I told her I never cared about her and dh having a relationship I start to care when she gives him marital advice. This woman has had 5 husbands and she doesnt need to give any advice.I have sat back and listened to her talk shit about me for 11 years. She is nasty to dd. She told dd that she has to eat in the kitchen because last time she spilt a drink that was red and she couldnt get it out. Once she mentioned my 69 year old ex cancer patient mother I lost it. My husband is depressed but you know what she is never going to stop breaking up peoples marrieges. She blames me for the bad relationship she has with  the kids. I dont understand how because she never wants to see them at all and the only time she ever did was when dh had to do something for her.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bknotnobody
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Hell no. Also if you're looking for a good group to get advice from on monsters in laws... they have a group, I forget what they have it named now.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM

honestly I would invest in caller ID (i have one that comes across the tv screen) and not answer the phones and tell them to shove it up their ass :)

Allinorder
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM

BUMP!

vettechmom88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM

better yet, skip caller ID and get call BLOCK!!

Quoting Allinorder:

I have a monster in law mil. This woman has gotten dh and I us seperated twice. She has tried to wreck her parents marriege, My husbands aunt and ours. She has been married 5 times. So after I had our youngest son dh and I decided I was going to stay home and raise the kids. We agreed I was not going to work. So mil has insisted I work and his parents feel we should both work. So mil calls dh everyday asking has Vanessa gotten a job. Once dh told her what we were going to do she then told him to take charge and make me get one. I was livid and told dh to tell her to butt out. Then dh got a seasonal job because his job is slow. So his parents call everyday. I got annoyed and was like can you tell then to not call all the time. Its friggen annoying like they have no life. Then I got a job too for Christmas. Well dh's aunt called and wanted to speak to dh and I told her he wasnt home. Then she told me who was hiring and so on. I feel its none of my mils business and its aggrevating.So should we tell her we have jobs?

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Do they give you money?

Allinorder
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Hell no. Also if you're looking for a good group to get advice from on monsters in laws... they have a group, I forget what they have it named now.

OMG this woman thought our youngest child wasnt dhs because he has blonde hair and blue eyes.  My father had dirty blonde hair and green eyes.My husbands grandmothers slept with another man and got pregnant so she thought I did the same.

Our kids arent allowed over her house because they make her nervous. I could write a book on her.

hp2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Screw that nosy lady.

She needs to fabricate something else to obsess and stress about.

I'd tell her just so she could at least switch it up and harass you about something else.

CafeMom Tickers

Mother to Isaiah Malachi 5/1/08 and Kelly Jordan COMING SOON!

TheMrs407
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM

If she asks I think you should be honest and act like it is no big deal (like she doesn't have much impact on your marriage), otherwise I would keep it on the DL.

Bird16_J
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Change your number and the next time she calls answer the phone and tell her to fuck off she obviously knows NOTHING about marriage since she can't seem to stay married herself and to go to hell. I would and then change my number and STOP speaking to her period until she can learn to STFU and stay outta my business

CafeMom Tickers
Litlmama87
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Unless you're always asking to borrow cash, tell them their advice is not needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)