Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel you married for the wrong reason like getting out of the house?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 53 Replies

or are you a "and they lived happily ever after person?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1mommy2him
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM

i got married for all the wrong reasons at the time i thought it was best but less then 2 yrs into our marriage i relized that i didnt love him. i tried and tried but it didnt work finally i called it quits we will be divorced come february.

.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM
I'd been out of the house for a long time when I got married. We've been together 11 years, married 6. We took our time. No reason to rush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I have no idea what getting out of the house and marriage have to do with each other?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I married for the wrong reasons. He's my best friend and I love him, but there is absolutely no passion there. Im not IN love with him. We've been separated about 2 years now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely not. I so married for Love. What I should have done was waited til we had more than $50 between us. The earlier years might have been a little easier. I have been married 29 years to the same man. The good years have far outweighed the not so good ones. Marriage is what you make of it.

FL2AK
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM
I already lived on my own and was financially independent before I married my ex husband and my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I was already out of the house....we got married cause we wanted to :-)

kiaras_mommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I had a baby and got married to get out of my parent's house. Luckily for me I did love the guy very much so it has worked out. But since we didn't get married for the right reasons it took a lot of heartache and growing up to get to where we are now.

"You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it." -The Secret

Blessed Be

kagegirl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Both times, absolutely. The first, I wanted to wait, but we were very young, pregnant and his family put the pressure on. I allowed myself to be sucked in. Not even two years later, DIVORCED. The second time, I thought I was doing right by my DD, whom I got preggo with while on depo. BIG mistake. Never should have married him. Divorce is final next week. WOOT. With DF, well, we are not getting married for a while yet. We both have failed marraiges under our belts and we want to do this right. Although, now that I am with him, I totally get what my grandma meant by, "You will just know". She was right. It would be nice if she could have been a bit more specefic. Would have saved alot of time and court fees. 

jlec
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Nope, I knew when I met my husband that he was the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life and now things are only getting better, except for me trying to quit smoking....I am kind of being a bitch right now:). We have been married for 3 years and I couldn't be happier. Sure there were VERY rough times but we got through it together!! I love him more then anything and I wouldn't change anything for the world!!

Mom to Trent 10/28/2010toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)