Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people who stay in relationships for children...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM
  • 51 Replies
What do you think about people who fall out of love but stay together just until the children grow up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yayay15
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM
As long as there is no fighting then I say they can do what they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagreen08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM

IMO, your children will know that you have a loveless marriage and will effect them more than you know.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I think its sad. I know a few couples that have. They put in 20 plus years being miserable, fighting and the kids wished they hadn't. I don't think you should ever stay for the kids. I don't think you can live life to your fullest and give it your all when you are not happy and just going along. When you call it quits the kids feel their whole family life growing up was a sham.

imandia4
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Yeah of course they can do what they want But do people think its right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM

My parents did it. It wasn't hard on me and my sister. We still have family moments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piscean.red
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I think if they don't fight and create a negative environment for the children then so what.  There is more to life then love.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think anything of it. They are doing what they feel is best, who am I to judge them even slightly? I would probably do the same if I "fell out of love" and that was the only reason for the divorce. Low points happen, I have said it before and been bashed, but I stick by my opinion that marriage is not a Disney story. Not all rainbows, sunshine, magicical crap. There are low points but you work through them if you can!

metalhealthmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM
I think most times they mean well but its probably not as good for the kids as they think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM
I wouldn't be with my DH today if it weren't for the kids. We're not loveless but we're not very compatible. But our kids are fine.
Why would it bother someone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM
My parents did that.... And I knew the whole time, I think it's why I am so cold in relationships..... I feel like that is worse than divorcing and remaining civil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)