Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eczema or psoriasis?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
jade had eczema at about 1 really bad. They were these huge, red sores on her skin that would sometimes leak. Her pedi at the time diagnosed her and gave me tips. Ava, 1, has patches of super flaky, scaly, rough skin on her arms, shoulders, back and thighs. Lotion does nothing. Its not red, just skin colored. Is that eczema or psoriasis?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Capratio
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM
I dont think psoriasis develops until later in life... Mine started when I was in high school... My little bits had the same thing and her pedi sd that it is probably eczema and try aquaphor or cetaphil on it... Hers was on her legs and feet tops in patches... The aquaphor did the trick for us. Good luck with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:58 PM
The "leaking" one that you described was NOT Eczema, the second one you describe sounds like Eczema, do you have a picture?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM
ive tried taking a pic but you cant really see it. I didnt notice until i was just cuddling and felt this insanely rough patch of skin. It was like sand paper. And jades pedi had said it was an allergic reaction type eczema to fragrance... Jade of course hasnt had it since she was 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RmeWifey01
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Not sure but I and my kids get them too, and we have been told it's the hard water. We might go ahead and get a water softener.

mamagreen08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:52 PM

The leaking rash sounds like possible shingles. But you usually don't develop psoriasis until your teenager years. So I'm going to say ecezma?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)