Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting tubes tied *edit*

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM
  • 28 Replies
I was wondering what everyone thought about getting your tubes tied at a young age. My doctor suggested I have mine tied after this baby is born. This will be our third, and I'm 25. I haven't made any decisions about it, and haven't really brought it up with DH yet. I would rather talk about it with him when I know better where my mind is on it. My question for all of you is, have you done it? What age did you do it? And would you recomend having it done? *** Can you BF after having them tied?***
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GumDropDiva
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Do your own research on it is my suggestion I has some pain like last week but I dunno I'd it was from my tubes or just me being sick

But otherwise it has worked great for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDean
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I have not. Bump...

toopicky429
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I had one in 2007 and reversed in 2009. Do lots of research before having a ligation. It was the biggest mistake I ever made. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMAsMommy9182
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I would talk to the hubby about it.  Also, you could bring up the big snip for him and see if he would be willing to do that.

fairy_fan

I had it done and I would tell anyone that asked me, DO NOT DO IT.  Google tubal ligation syndrome.  I experienced almost every symptom and almost every woman I know that has had it done has experienced at least half of it.  My very good friend had hers tied 11 years ago after they had a son...they had 4 daughters already.  Baby #6 will be 3 next week.  

kiaras_mommy

I am 23 and had a tubal ligation. I regret it every day and plan on getting it reversed as soon as possible!

"You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it." -The Secret

Blessed Be

tinkermel2u
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM
I was 35..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I did it after our second child at 26. My doctor didn't even question it, but this was my second pregnancy while on BC pills. She knew I didn't want anymore so she was all for it. 

I ended up having to have a hysterectomy a few months ago though, so now I'm super happy about not having any more pregnancy scares. 

bopanddomsmom
1 mom liked this
im 23 and have 3 kids.....and i regret my tubal :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
Me and my sister turned 26 in August and she got her tubes tied. She has three kids also. If you feel it is right for you then go for it don't worry what others think. Me, personally, I would be terrified of surgery because I'm phobic like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)