Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clomid update, I'm starting it tomorrow

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
To anyone who has taken it...

1. How long were you ttc before using it?

2. How long did it take to get pregnant while on it?

3. Side effects?

Thanks so much, I'm strongly considering it if we are unsuccessful this month, thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:45 PM
1. 1.5 years
2. 2 months
3. Painful ovulation

Eta: they would not even see me for fertility issues unless (1) I'd not had regular periods for 1 year and (2) had been trying for more than 9 months. You had to meet both criteria.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM
Omg really, all doctors are different right? Hmmmm I hope that's not the case here!

did you have any kids before or

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

1. 1.5 years
2. 2 months
3. Painful ovulation

Eta: they would not even see me for fertility issues unless (1) I'd not had regular periods for 1 year and (2) had been trying for more than 9 months. You had to meet both criteria.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM
All doctors are different, but you generally have to have tried unsuccessfully at least 6-9 months. I had a late miscarriage before going on the clomid.

Quoting jb0520:

Omg really, all doctors are different right? Hmmmm I hope that's not the case here!

did you have any kids before or

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

1. 1.5 years
2. 2 months
3. Painful ovulation

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM
I'm so sorry, thanks so much for answering my questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thesephotosxo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:03 PM
I hadn't started it but my doctor was going to give it to me because I have pcos and endometriosis until they found my ovarian cancer. So I think it just depends on the doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!

Quoting thesephotosxo:

I hadn't started it but my doctor was going to give it to me because I have pcos and endometriosis until they found my ovarian cancer. So I think it just depends on the doctor

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thesephotosxo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM
It turned out be to be a blessing in disguise because if I would of started the clomid and gotten pregnant I would be a single mom of two instead of just one right now. We separated around the time I found out about the cancer.

Quoting jb0520:

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!

Quoting thesephotosxo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM
I took clomid twie.

First time...
We had been ttc for 15 months before clomid.
Did one round of clomid and got pregnant - with a singleton-pregnancy (no twins, etc)
I don't remember any side-effects....this was 16 years ago.

Second time....
We had been ttc for 18 months before clomid.
Did three rounds and did not get pregnant. Were too upset from ttc for so long unsuccessfully and stopped ttc. Six months after going off the clomid we got pregnant on our own.
Again - I don't remember any side-effects...his was 10.5 years ago.
mamagreen08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Quoting jb0520:

To anyone who has taken it...

1. How long were you ttc before using it? 6 months

2. How long did it take to get pregnant while on it? 4 months - didn't get pregnant. Then the next month I got pregnant w/o it. But I was also on a low dosage.

3. Side effects? None.

Thanks so much, I'm strongly considering it if we are unsuccessful this month, thanks ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)