Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your dream home. What would you want?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 PM
  • 142 Replies
We are planning on building our dream home within the next year. If you could have whatever you wanted in a house what would it be? Once we build this house I'm hoping to never have to move again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love.My.Soldier
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is designing the house. My only request so far is a fully functional classroom for my kids.

I know some of you ladies have ideas.

Tatiana7
by Princess on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM
My Husband wants a Cataraman. That's a sail boat you can live on full time. We would not have a house anymore if we did that. I don't mind. The house I have now is the nicest I have ever lived in. :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love.My.Soldier
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Quoting Tatiana7:

My Husband wants a Cataraman. That's a sail boat you can live on full time. We would not have a house anymore if we did that. I don't mind. The house I have now is the nicest I have ever lived in. :).

What do you love most about the house you live in now?

I definitely want a lot of storage! We have moved so many times that the thought of living in the same house for a few years is amazing. I also want my own closet! A closet without uniforms hanging everywhere! Ahhh what a dream. :)

I could see us living on a boat once the kids are out of the house. We have a few years for that one though.

CanInTex
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Id want a shower with two heads or full body spray and a massive jet tub.
Lots of storage in the laundry room, a mud room with shelves and hooks for everyone. Double French doors leading to the backyard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
A lazy river
HayKay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM
I live in my dream house! I just wish it had a wrap around porch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love.My.Soldier
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Quoting ejbljb:

A lazy river

I think that will be out of our price range. Maybe a pool in a few years. My kids would love a lazy river!

AjCeCeMom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM
* walk-in pantry
*lots of kitchen storage
*mud room
*sun room
*wrap around porch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this

this is very close to my dream home. I love the wrap around porch. some things I would add would be a balcony off the master bedroom and make the kids rooms have jack and jill bathrooms (each child has their own room but share a connected bathroom, 1 for the boys and 1 for the girls) actually scratch that.. I would just make all 4 kids bedrooms like they are with WIC and their own bathrooms lol

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Love.My.Soldier
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Quoting HayKay:

I live in my dream house! I just wish it had a wrap around porch!

What do you love most about it?

I don't know what is a good square footage. I want space but I don't want too much space!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)