Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first dramatic post

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 PM
  • 27 Replies
I rarely post in here but I came across a spanking/no spanking debate. YES IT'S A SPANKING POST! Anyways some people equate/compare spanking as child abuse. Quite honestly it kind of offends me. I was abused by my bio father as a child until my mom divorced him when I was 8. I was beat for the hell of it because he was having a bad day. I was slapped around as an infant! He would hit me with anything, I remember getting a 2X4 board across the face once. He made me watch as he killed my pets or burned my toys. I watched him beat my mom and sisters. He would chase me around with an aerasol can and a lighter making flames. He put a gun to my sister's head. He set our closet on fire one night trying to kill us as we slept. I am on the fence when it comes to spanking but I roll my eyes when someone says it's child abuse. You have NO idea what some kids go through. A couple swats is nothing compared to what some children face. I know this post is gonna cause a stir so have at it I just had to get if off my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannyLouisiany
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
hopefully the last 40 of these posts caused such a stir that this one will be overlooked. broken record.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 PM
I barely get on here so I was unaware their was a deadhorse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:45 PM

i'm so sorry you had to endure that =(

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

this is the great thing about these boards. We can all express our own views on subjects such as spanking. I think it is abusive. No where near as the abuse you went  through. You think it isn't. That's cool with me.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:51 PM
I respect your opinion. If I didn't endure what I did as a child I might also think of it as abuse. It's just some kids have it worse than a couple swats when they are out of line.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

this is the great thing about these boards. We can all express our own views on subjects such as spanking. I think it is abusive. No where near as the abuse you were out through. You think it isn't. That's cool with me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:53 PM
What you went through is beyond physical abuse. I'm sorry you went though that.
I still believe all hitting is abuse if it's intent is to scare or correct behavior (men with hit their s/o to correct behavior they view as wrong as well, and it is considered abuse. Though in the past that was a husbands right)
Plus the line right now between corporal punishment and abuse is blurry as is and I'd rather there be No line
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Quoting ShannaBee:

I respect your opinion. If I didn't endure what I did as a child I might also think of it as abuse. It's just some kids have it worse than a couple swats when they are out of line.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

this is the great thing about these boards. We can all express our own views on subjects such as spanking. I think it is abusive. No where near as the abuse you were out through. You think it isn't. That's cool with me.

I was abused by my mom. There is no way on Gods green earth I could ever hit my kids. Maybe thats why I do see it as abuse? Hugs I am sorry you went through what you did. Do you spank. Not judging just curious?

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM
I believe in spanking 100% but am against child abuse 100%. Op i am so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy92
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Im sorry you had a very tough childhood and suffered.

Spanking is a form of childabuse. I dont want a bash on me so i will stop with that.

We all have opinions. And that is mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocketrider2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM

and here we go again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)