Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Work situation

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so I have been at my job for 9 months. Never missed a day, never late, answers co workers questions from my cell phone at home on my time. When a new girl started I would get 10 calls a day on my day off. The managers are 4 hours away and there are just 2 employees at this location. The new girl has been there 1 month. Last week I ended up working for her Friday because she had some big story, then on Saturday she was a no call no show. So my store didn't even get opened because no one knew she didn't go to work til the end of the day. Next yesterday my boss offered her a 100 dollar bonus if she sold 6 phones that had been in inventory for a few months. She made that goal on her 8 hour shift. Today she was suppose to work for me ( she offered because she neede to make up hours) anywY she texted at 4:30 am and said never mind she couldn't do it. So back to the bonus, I emailed my boss to let him know that he needed to order more of a different phone because I had sold 6 and we had 2 left. He returns the email saying he will give me the same bonus if I sell the other 2. Basically she sold 6 in 8 hours and was given a bonus, these phones were 10.00 a piece. He wanted me to sell 8 phones in 5 hours that were 40 each. I don't feel like that was fair. Am I over reacting? Or how would you feel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
What not enough drama?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM
That's a bunch of crap. Bring it up. I've discovered that you only get what you deserve if you ask for it. I got a raise once when there was a freeze on them because I ran the store through the holidays when our boss quit which I knew I deserved so I asked since it wasn't offered. Right now I'm on a six week store manager trial and they didn't offer me benefits (assistant managers don't get them and I'm still in the system as one) but I'm working over 40 hours a week so I asked if I could get them and a week later they approved it :)

The only thing they can do is tell you no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunivondea
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Well you already sold 6 of them. So selling the other two in 5 hours seems reasonable.
On the other hand, any smart manager would have canned her ass after the store didn't get opened for a whole day.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I know. My mind kept running back to that. I don't get why she wasn't fired immediately.

OP, it sounds like it's a "it is what it is" type of thing. Maybe she got a bonus for something easier because she is new. You have been there longer so he might expect more out of you.

Quoting Sunivondea:

Well you already sold 6 of them. So selling the other two in 5 hours seems reasonable.
On the other hand, any smart manager would have canned her ass after the store didn't get opened for a whole day.

kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:13 PM
It was a total of 8 phones to sell in 5 hours and he told me 1 hour before closing.

Quoting Sunivondea:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM
I agree with you. I have asked for a raise and been turned down because we aren't making enough money in that store. But I feel like I do more than my job description and go above and beyond.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

That's a bunch of crap. Bring it up. I've discovered that you only get what you deserve if you ask for it. I got a raise once when there was a freeze on them because I ran the store through the holidays when our boss quit which I knew I deserved so I asked since it wasn't offered. Right now I'm on a six week store manager trial and they didn't offer me benefits (assistant managers don't get them and I'm still in the system as one) but I'm working over 40 hours a week so I asked if I could get them and a week later they approved it :)

The only thing they can do is tell you no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)