Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me with my daughter's party please!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 3 year old daughter picked out her own theme for her birthday party this year and she just so happened to pick Team Umizoomi. Which for those of you who don't know is a fairly new show on Nick Jr. and of course is completely impossible to find anything for. I have found stuff on Etsy, Ebay and Amazon but would prefer to stay away from that as much as possible. SO's mom will be making the cake, thankfully shes great in that area! Nick Jr has a bunch of printables on their site for a party, Invitations, Thank you's a Table-topper. Im jsut stumped on how I can decorate it more. It's turning out to me MAKING everything which sucks.. but i'm going to do it because it's what will make her happy.

any ideas on how i could decorate more?

I think i'm going to stick more so with Milli from the show, more so then all three of them. but i'm not opposed to using all the characters for decorating.

this is the top of the cake. SO's mom is going to transfer it to edible stuff

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DianaL7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Cute!  The flowers are cute.  You could scan them into your computer and then run them off your printer as large as you can.  Cut them out and decorate the room by taping them to the walls.  At the Nick site, those headband ponytails you can make are so cute.  If you have time, those would be cute party favors.

lip.lock
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:20 PM

i might make a couple. theres only about 5 kids coming, it's mostly family and theres only one other child who is a girl that will be there haha.. so idkk..i'm just thinking for like hanging things/wall decor. i usually have a big banner or something on the wall..

Quoting DianaL7:

Cute!  The flowers are cute.  You could scan them into your computer and then run them off your printer as large as you can.  Cut them out and decorate the room by taping them to the walls.  At the Nick site, those headband ponytails you can make are so cute.  If you have time, those would be cute party favors.

DianaL7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Quoting lip.lock:

i might make a couple. theres only about 5 kids coming, it's mostly family and theres only one other child who is a girl that will be there haha.. so idkk..i'm just thinking for like hanging things/wall decor. i usually have a big banner or something on the wall..

Quoting DianaL7:

Have fun!!

lip.lock
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM

thanks!

Quoting DianaL7:

Quoting lip.lock:

Quoting DianaL7:

Have fun!!

.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM
That is adorable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lip.lock
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:38 PM

thank you!!  i just wish i knew what to do next!! lol

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

That is adorable.

.mysweetmelissa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM
I wish I could help, I don't know anything about this sort of stuff unfortunately.

Quoting lip.lock:

thank you!!  i just wish i knew what to do next!! lol

Quoting .mysweetmelissa:

That is adorable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagreen08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM

What about doing the Crazy Shake dance?

At the Party

Once kids have arrived at the party, have them stand in a line or circle. Demonstrate a simple pattern for the kids, like "Clap, Clap, Stomp, Clap." You can ask for volunteers to help you demonstrate the pattern: the first kid claps once, second kid claps once, third kid stomps, and fourth kid claps once. Once kids have the hang of it, start the pattern game. Have each child participate in the pattern once and then make it more challenging by having kids repeat the pattern faster. Once someone makes a mistake, like clapping instead of stomping, everyone laughs, CRAZY SHAKES, and tries again! See how fast the gang can go while making a perfect pattern. Then try a different pattern.

Other Suggestions

Clap, Snap, Clap, Snap
Jumping jack, body wiggle, jumping jack, body wiggle
Calling out: "Milli," "Geo," "Bot," "Milli," "Geo," "Bot"
mamagreen08
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:45 PM

This website has loads of really cute Team Umizoomi ideas:

http://www.nickjr.com/team-umizoomi-party/

lip.lock
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)