Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Agnostic....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

Please explain to me what it means.

What are their beliefs?

How this group differs from atheists?

This is purely informative for me, thank you :)

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starmoonmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I have always thought agnostic to mean unknown. 

taKENheart
by Flovely on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Bump...I'm curious as well. 

FranksHoney
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Agnostics believe that there could or could not be a hight power. They don't know for sure. Athiests, like myself, believe that there is no higher power. I used to be agnostic, but decided it wasn't logical to believe in a higher power of any kind, so I am now an athiest. I believe in science.

GomezMami2908
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM

So, what about heaven and hell, the afterlife? Where do they stand on that?

Quoting FranksHoney:

Agnogstics believe that there could or could not be a hight power. They don't know for sure. Athiests, like myself, believe that there is no higher power. I used to be agnostic, but decided it wasn't logical to believe in a higher power of any kind, so I am now an athiest. I believe in science.

Gorilla_Mama
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Best way I can think to explain it is being Agnostic is being "on the fence". It's believing that it's impossible to know if there is or isn't a god. It differs from Atheists in that they don't flat out deny the exsistance of god.

WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM
There isn't enough proof for them so they acknowledge that anything is possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FranksHoney
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM

The point of being agnostic is they don't know. Most don't have any concrete beliefs on anything involving the supernatural. They simply don't know.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Quoting FranksHoney:

Agnogstics believe that there could or could not be a hight power. They don't know for sure. Athiests, like myself, believe that there is no higher power. I used to be agnostic, but decided it wasn't logical to believe in a higher power of any kind, so I am now an athiest. I believe in science.

ashmac03
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I would consider myself agnostic.  To me it basically means I don't know.  I highly doubt that there is a higher power but there is no proof either way.  

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM
I believe there is the possibility for anything. Heaven, hell, nothing, aliens. I lean more toward nothing but try to keep an open mind.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Quoting FranksHoney:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Same here. It would be nice if there were a god but I don't have any expectations lol

Quoting justinnaimee:

I believe there is the possibility for anything. Heaven, hell, nothing, aliens. I lean more toward nothing but try to keep an open mind.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Quoting FranksHoney:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)