Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Scared!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok well to start off i just had my daughter in december. I'm on birth control and we use condoms. Sometimes if we start to have sex it may not be on the first few seconds but then i make him put one on. I really don't want to be pregnant again this soon, but is there a possibility i could be? or am i just late? I was/am suopposed to start this week sometime.  When  are u suppose to regulate? Also i'm not brest feeding(tried but it didn't work
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fulloflaughs26
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Your body might still be adjusting.  If you are on the pill and you use a condom and you're only a couple days late, I wouldn't start freaking out yet!  It took me about 6 months to become regular again.  Give it a few more days!
mommy2caden
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:46 PM
I'm not trying to scare you any further, but I heard you're more fertile right after giving birth.  Maybe you should take a pregnancy test.
ravennpaige
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:49 PM
you can get pregnant as early as four weeks after giving birth.  If you are on the pill, and make him put on a condom after a few minutes, then i wouldn't worry all that much.  It can take months and months for a woman to regulate again. The turn around time for a womans body to get back to normal, the way that they were before getting pregnant, is about 18 months.  I had my son in december as well, and got the depo shot six weeks after giving birth. I bled for weeks after getting the shot, mostly spotting, but still blood.  Its normal.  We are curently trying for another baby, it works for us better if we have another one now.  If you don't want another one right now, i think you are doing the right thing, but taking the pill, and using condoms.  Doubling up, is always better.  Relax, i think your fine, but if you are still worried, take a test, that will let you know.  If you have any more questions, please ask.
tasha2for1
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:50 PM
Just be careful, I'm going through the same thing, but I'm trying not to freak out about it.  I just have to use condoms my pills are done and I need more, but havn't made the appt yet!!!!!!!! and, I'm contemplating tubal ligation, ever thought about that.  all I have is two but i'm 36...a young 36, and I want to get back to my old weight.  After my first I went right back now I've gotta diet.  So just be careful, and use condoms. Oh yeah, take a test, or if it's not too late take a morning after pill.
juliep3644
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:51 PM
And if you are nursing it can take months for your period to come back.
missajoy23
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:52 PM

Quoting mommy2caden:

I'm not trying to scare you any further, but I heard you're more fertile right after giving birth.  Maybe you should take a pregnancy test.

MY dr. told me this right after I had my daughter.
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Being that you are on the pill and he puts a condom on the it isn't likely, however keep in mind that he should be putting on the condom before he comes in conntact with you.  You can get pregnant from pre-ejactulation fluids... so keep that in mind for the future.  Just try to relax, it can take a while for things to get back to normal, take a test, and good luck! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)