Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You know, everyone is bitching and whining and complaining abuot how it's wrong for athesist and so on to complain about government buildings having Christian figures on the properties and so on.

My DF just pointed out to me:

The native americans who were here before settlers were didn't approve of YOUR God and settlers FORCED the indians to "convert". So yeah, I'm going to bitch about it. 

Don't force your beliefs on me, and I won't force mine on you!

Don't like it, maybe you should leave! America is supposed to be the home of the FREE, not the home of the free as long as you believe in a christian God.

I'm not condemming any religion btw!

I'm talking about government buildings/property ONLY! Not homes, personal businesses, etc. 

by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Replies (81-90):
shellyote
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM
It's not a small group of people who don't believe in religion. We might seem small because we are called rude if we feel compelled by science to enlighten others. Plus, we don't believe there is a hell for those who practice a religion that commits murder and genocide. There are no jingles to think of like "believe or burn". I guess we have " live and let live"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I fully believe in the "All or Nothing" system of figuring this whole mess out. Since it is impossible to represent all religions, NO religions should be represented on government property. This is common effing sense, to me..

Achromia
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM
There is a difference there. Our gov ISNT converting or forcing anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andreamarie
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Amen mama. I agree. I am sick & tired of people that think just because they do not believe in something no one else has the right too.
Enjoy your holiday.

Quoting Raysbaby79:

I think everyone needs to just stop and enjoy the holiday whatever it is that you call it quit being busy bodies and making issues where there are not any.  In my beliefs I am also Pagan, my S/O is Christian we have a nativity set that sits on our mantel.  I know what I believe he knows what he believs and we as a couple join and celebrate this holiday together with a mix of Traditions.  I think people need to just suck it up unless someone is telling you you should believe this way it should not be an issue and even then be a bigger person and say ok I understand that in this Country their are many different beliefs.  Try that and maybe people could live in peace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM
No matter what religious symbol is put on any building, the government is not forcing it down your throat, therefore I don't see a problem.

Quoting Anastazia975:

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Putting up christmas decorations doesn't interfere with the law.

Quoting Anastazia975:

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Why can't government buildings have it? FREEDOM OF RLIGION should apply to all places. If that place, gov or not, wants to put up christian decorations then they have that right!

Separation of church and state.

Your reply says nothing about christmas. It says christian. No religious item should be on a government building. The nativity, besides being historically wrong, is religious. A tree is not necessarily. This post has nothing to do with holidays, and everything to do with the fact that either they put every religious edifice on every government building, or they put none.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..Kandy.Korn..
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh for fuck's sake. Why let it bother you so much? I, too, am Pagan...I have my decorations and symbols where it matters to ME. Does it bother me that my beliefs don't get fair representation? Maybe a little, but I'm not going to be angry about it. I look at Christmas stuff and I know where it came from...and I'll feel the same at Easter. I don't need to see symbols of my faith everywhere to affirm what I believe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raysbaby79
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Enjoy yours also!!! To the rest of you Happy _________!!!!!!!  Insert your holiday!

Quoting andreamarie:

Amen mama. I agree. I am sick & tired of people that think just because they do not believe in something no one else has the right too.
Enjoy your holiday.

Quoting Raysbaby79:

I think everyone needs to just stop and enjoy the holiday whatever it is that you call it quit being busy bodies and making issues where there are not any.  In my beliefs I am also Pagan, my S/O is Christian we have a nativity set that sits on our mantel.  I know what I believe he knows what he believs and we as a couple join and celebrate this holiday together with a mix of Traditions.  I think people need to just suck it up unless someone is telling you you should believe this way it should not be an issue and even then be a bigger person and say ok I understand that in this Country their are many different beliefs.  Try that and maybe people could live in peace.

LuvCoopins
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I wake up everyday happy as a clam and my goodness, tons of light! I don't need some made up God to believe in to make me feel happy and lead a wonderful life. I'm sorry that you do. Good day to ya ;-)

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I am lead to speak to those who need to find God, to shed light on their darkness. If you don't want to see the light, keep your eyes closed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
*insert religious comment that will offend no matter which side it does or does not take*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastazia975
by on Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

No matter what religious symbol is put on any building, the government is not forcing it down your throat, therefore I don't see a problem.

Quoting Anastazia975:

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Putting up christmas decorations doesn't interfere with the law.

Quoting Anastazia975:

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Why can't government buildings have it? FREEDOM OF RLIGION should apply to all places. If that place, gov or not, wants to put up christian decorations then they have that right!

Separation of church and state.

Your reply says nothing about christmas. It says christian. No religious item should be on a government building. The nativity, besides being historically wrong, is religious. A tree is not necessarily. This post has nothing to do with holidays, and everything to do with the fact that either they put every religious edifice on every government building, or they put none.

Becaus ethe basic tenant of the bill of rights and the constitution are suppossed to guarentee a seperation of church and state. Increasingly, religion is creeping it's way into government where it does not belong. I am not anti religion, I just firmly believe that it has no place in any way shape or form in our government.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)