Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Making new friends

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

First of all I have to say I'm gateful to have found CafeMom. Its given me so much help and I thank everyone who gave me advice and shared their stories on here. I'm a 27 yr old SAHM and I live in Western PA, just an hour from Pittsburgh. I’ve tried making friends but have met none that I trust or that I can hang out and do things with kids. Most of the women I’m able to meet are still young and single and into the party life. I'm looking for friends to talk to, other mothers who enjoy to do things with there kids, I just get lonely from time to time for the simple fact that my husband and my sister are the only ones I hang out with, well of course other than my kids. A huge majority of my highschool and college friends have since moved away and gone on with their own lives and the ones that were left my ex-husband pushed away, I miss having friends to just do things with, talk, share ideas, from anywhere. I'm trying to rekindle some broken friendships, but its a slow process. Please if you have some feedback on my situation and any advice or help you can tell me I would appreciate it. Thank you

by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PAGANANDPROUD
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:54 PM
i do understand i dont live in PA but in SC but we can stilll be frinds if you want add me as a friend and we cand chat and it you have yahoo or myspace and want to add me ask me and i will give you my name and link to both welcome and feel free to talk i have an open ear all the time and i do understand what it is to be where you are with friends and i ahve 2 kids 13 and 15 be blessed my friend
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:54 PM
Hello and welcome!  You live really close to where I used to, I used to live in the Bethel Park/South Park area.  I miss it alot sometimes... we now live in Colorado. 

Please feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here. 

For tips on getting started here, I recommend checking out the Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom post here.

If you like to chat, stop by our group Chatterbox to see if anyone if chatting. 

Amber
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner
Robin
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:49 AM

Hi,
Glad you're here!Smile

Robin

knm-photo
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from. I only ever end up hanging out with my fiance, my daughter, and my cousin. It gets old from time to time. It would be nice to have others to talk to, who understand what a mom goes through. You can add me if you'd like. I'm in Ohio, near Cincinnnati, but we can chat on here, or on AOL IM or Yahoo IM. Just let me know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN