Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help...

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi...I am a mother of a 9 yr old boy who we now know has ADHD but the docs dont want to medicate. I dont know what else to do. He's in 3rd grade with a 2nd grade beginners education. He's so far behind I'm afraid he will get held back. Hes making progress with the extra help he gets in school. Does anyone have any non prescript meds they recommend or anything I can try???
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ChasetersMommy
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Hi there,
alot of kids these days are being diagnosed with adhd... some can simply have a change in there diet and be totally fine... I would talk to a naturalpathic type doc if you dont want to medicate.. sometimes certain foods can have a bad reaction in kids to make them appear adhd and since this is a medicated world our docs want to get paid and perscribe meds.. I can talk to my MIL who is totally into natural healing and if you want she prob knows how to help.
Diet changes are really hard.. for me anyways.. i have many issues of my own I am trying just by diet change. He also maybe lacking a certain mineral or supplement in his diet... I would give that a shot..
let me know and i can talk to my mil.. she has a great book about all that natural stuff.
GOOD LUCK :0)

Kelly123
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM
Hi...My son takes 3 different vitamins already along with a few other meds for Cystic Fibrosis so that cant be adjusted and he is on a high cal high fat diet so there is not alot i can change with that either. Any info that anyone has would be great. Feel free to email me at kellysonner@hotmail.com or post on here. Thanks!!!!
Robin
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:53 AM
Hi,

Nice to meet you! 

Feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here.  You may want to check out the post 
Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom.

You may also want to check out the Cafemom group called  ADHD and us!.

To find other groups, click 'find groups' and search for topics...if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin

momnkids
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 8:52 AM
hi...my daughter is 6 and has adhd and bipolar...thank god her dr. does do meds even tho i dont like him, but a support group im with alot of parents do natural. truehope is what its called you can look online some say it changed their lives for the best. hope this works...do you have an IEP for school? also another thought is to change your dr. if hes not doing what you believe to be best for your child. is it a reg. dr or a psychrist? some dr. just wont listen to parents even tho we are the ones living with these children daily and sometimes we really know whats best...good luck  nikki
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN