Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

~Can anyone help me?~

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi my name is monique im 24yrs. old been married for 2yrs. been with my husband for 6yrs. together we have a daughter almost 2. My husband has a 24-7 job on call so i never know when he will be working or at home which lately has been never. I just feel ignored like i dont feell how it used to be betwween us not on my part but on his. I am home with my daughter a lot and she is like my best friend but sometimes i just want from my husband a little attention i guess. Ive dicussed it with him and he feels like im just making a big deal out of nothing and he loves me and basiclly he feels like hes not doing anything wrong because he works and when he is home he plays with our daughter which makes me very happy there is time for her. I just want to be noticed more often and want to be how we used to. Like he would always call me at work and let me know whats goin on or what he did that day. Now its like i find out what he did alll day from his friends and i would definatly rather hear it from him. Just the little things that used to matter to him i feel doesnt anymore. I dont know girls what do you think am i crazy? Should i not worry about this so much? I cant talk to him that didnt work? Advice Please. Thanks
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
supermom3380
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:40 PM
I dont really have much advice on it. Sometimes I feel exactly like you do. Sometimes I feel like Im talking to myself anymore. I dont know what is going through their heads. Its like we have more feelings or something. Like they forget we are their partner, just someone they have gotten used to living with right?
ChasetersMommy
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:43 PM
Oh gosh!
um well I have been married almost 10 years.. We def have our fair share of ups and downs. I tell ya I feel that way alot myself. So you are not crazy.. cuz then that would mean i was too. lol
Have you tried getting a babysitter and having a nice romantic dinner at home with your hubby and maybe a nice hot bath together or body massages?  Then maybe sit down and talk to each other without the baby interupting your conversations. Men don't really understand how us women are.. and I really don't think they ever will lol..... Life changes after you have babies but just becuz you are parents shouldnt mean you should give up what you use to love to do with each other. Its the little things that matter.
I ramble sorry bout that.. i hope i helped even if it was a lil bit.. good luck sweetie :0)
momofsora
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:54 PM
I know how you are feeling. I'm sorry that  your husband doesn't talk or spend time with you. try talk to him again and if he doesn't spend time with you. If that doesn't help. I would try to plan a date night for just the two of you after our child is sleepie very week. I hope this helps you out

Kim
San-Dee
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 10:58 PM
Marriage is filled with alot of ups and downs, that's for sure.  Try to just show him how much you miss him , or should I say, what he's missing.  Leave him little notes around the house or in his briefcase or lunchbox or wallet, dashboard of the truck, etc.

meet him at the door with nothing but an apron on.  Put your dgtr. to bed early one night and give it all you got sista!!!!

If that doesn't work keep trying and trying.  Marriage is a lot of work.  Or should I say, relationships are alot of work.  Ask him about you getting a part time job or something to ease the financial burden and then maybe he could work less hrs. ? 

Hope some of these suggestions work for you. You are in my prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN