Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What Do You Think? PART 2

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 11:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

For those of you who commented on my first post, thank you for your opinions. Now I don't feel so alone and so badly about the rent thing with my daughter. Well the whole responsibilty thing went right down the toilet anyway and i'm the BI*C*H anyway! Let me tell ya why..................My mother!!!!!!!!!!
It's quite irritating actually, but what can ya do?
My daughter went complaining to her grandmother and now her and her boyfriend live in a camper/trailor type thing my her grandparents back yard rent free-bill free-care free! What a life, we should all be so lucky! I was 17 with 2 babies when I moved out of my parents house and was paying all my own bills and making my own way...........so now she has MY 18 year old daughter AND her boyfriend living there for nothing.........

by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
goth_mama
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 11:22 PM

i'm sorry, that sucks, but it's really out of your hands now. that's exactly what happened with my sister, she lives with my grandma as well. and is completely lazy. i know i left a long reply about it on your first post. just do the best you can whenever you can. that's all you can do.

skyview
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM
I know this isn't what you had in mind but try to think of it like this - maybe with this gift your daughter has been given she will take the time to get on her feet and make a life for herself.  Grandma stepped in out of love I'm sure.  I understand where you're coming from especially since you had to fend for yourself at such a young age.  But this might be a blessing for those kids.  They just might be able to save some money and build towards getting their own place.  The burden is not on your shoulders any longer.  Its now up to grandma to either provide for them or when she finally gets tired of giving them a free ride it will be up to her to demand money from them.  Just be glad its no longer on your shoulder.

Good luck
Jean Ann
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)