Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My co-worker was telling me about her friend being angry because he was stuck in line at a store for 30 minutes because the woman in front of him was one of the coupon people. She said he went on a rant about how those people are basically stealing from the stores because they find ways around the policies and they should spend the 30 hours a week they use clipping coupons actually working and pay regular price like everyone else does. He also went on about how it hurts the stores financially and they're ruining everyone getting a good deal because of it.

What are your thoughts? Smart or stealing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
happybingme
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this

SMART. . .very. . . Retailers are not losing out to coupon families.  They actually get their money back.  If I am not mistaken, it's actually looked upon as an added incentive for stores.  I think your friend was more upset about the time or maybe, just jealous because he wasn't the one getting the savings.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Smart

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I think he's an idiot for not changing lanes. Duh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol!

Quoting anotherhalf:

I think he's an idiot for not changing lanes. Duh!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkip1
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM
I agree.

Quoting RHG:

I think it's GREAT If the bounty is being shared out.  Who needs 4,000 razors in the garage?  If you have so much, share with your friends who are in need, churches, homeless shelters, etc...  When I see the stock piles with hundreds of items just sitting there, it makes me a little angry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColorMeCrazy
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's stealing, but I do feel that *SOME* people hoard what they get. A friend of mine does the extreme coupon thing but gives all extras to the needy.

perezamberly
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:17 PM
No it's not stealing but I have wondered that myself. They are basically taking things for free with store permission hahaha. But I get what he's saying. If you're like really good at gambling like counting cards and whatever, it's considered illegal. It seems like a pretty similar thing to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2ladies
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quoting Teeshann:

i think it's smart. and couponers don't find ways around the policies. we follow the store's coupon policies. i have a print out of each policy for each store i coupon at in my binder to make sure i'm following that store's rules.

I also don't hoard I may purchase a couple of the same items but not like 200 tubes of toothpaste!
krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM
It is NOT stealing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happybingme
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Quoting RHG:

I think it's GREAT If the bounty is being shared out.  Who needs 4,000 razors in the garage?  If you have so much, share with your friends who are in need, churches, homeless shelters, etc...  When I see the stock piles with hundreds of items just sitting there, it makes me a little angry.

I agree with this.  I hate seeing the TV show where they showcase families that are extremists and their basements are filled to capacity with items that you KNOW they will not use ALL of it during their lifetime.  I do wish that some of these non-profit agencies who has food pantries or shelters would explore the route of couponing for the sake of saving donated monies to be applied for other needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN