Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My co-worker was telling me about her friend being angry because he was stuck in line at a store for 30 minutes because the woman in front of him was one of the coupon people. She said he went on a rant about how those people are basically stealing from the stores because they find ways around the policies and they should spend the 30 hours a week they use clipping coupons actually working and pay regular price like everyone else does. He also went on about how it hurts the stores financially and they're ruining everyone getting a good deal because of it.

What are your thoughts? Smart or stealing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
TableforSeven
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM
I don't think it is stealing...they are just using a bunch of coupons instead of just a few.
BUT - I do think they are a new type of hoarders....the 'stock piles' they have are insane. Seriously - who need a 10 year supply of shampoo and if you have that much....why are you buying MORE?!

I saw one of those couponing shows yesterday and commented to DH that I would insist a store open a new lane if I got stuck behind some wack-o with 100 coupons. I do not feel like standing there for a year behind them.
momswag

No but it is a form of hoarding and nothing to be glorified. I coupon to save money on food items we need and eat. 

RHG

I want to start using coupons.  I never did when the kids were home and now thatthe nest is empty, I feel a little challanged... I would be happy to save a few bucks...

Pnukey

Smart, not stealing. Sheesh.

ttc_number2
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:21 PM
[quote name="EndlessSpinning" id="0"][/quote

Which is why I said ussually and not always
ACSsMommy
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

The stores pay for the ads that print the coupons and even then consumers are still paying more for the products then the store does. As far as manufacturer coupons I am pretty sure the store gets paid for those. Either way its smart to utilize in the economy today if you have the time.

DawnPratt23
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Not stealing, the store get full refund plus incentive for the coupon. It's an advertising benefit for the manufacturers. I've never taken more that 3 hours per week on couponing and stockpile for a family of 6. Tlc is all staged, not real..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM
No.

I think he's just jealous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407

How is it stealing?  The companies reimburse the store.

hotmommytutu
1 mom liked this

If it's legit....go for it.  But, I honestly think it is stealing.  Think about it, how can the cashier got thru each and every individual coupon?  You're suppose to check the date and make sure the product is there, right?  Well, if you're handed however many coupns how in the hell can you do that?

I think most of the coupns are out of date, multiples and not even for the product scanned.  Just my thoghts on it......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)