Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

should my friend be on bed rest! please help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:27 AM
  • 3 Replies
i only have one child so im not sure how the second pregnancy works. my roomate has had several problems with her second pregnancy like: her cervix is effacing(not dialating) at 28wks, she has a partial separation of the pubic synthesis( she is in pain all the time) but her doctor insists that it is normal and that as long as she is not dialating that it's normal and she can resume all regular day to day activities.....one of her friends is only experiencing the effacing problem but not the pelvic problem and is on bedrest.. should she get a second opinion?

for those who don't know the pubic synthesis is the cartilage in front of your crouch bone coming apart early..... it happens when you deliver your baby. is her's coming apart early normal?

her child sits really low may i add..
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oo0StarLady0oo
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:33 AM
I think she should get a second opinion with OB-GYN's you have to make sure you have some that you trust.. My Doctors was really great and I had pre-cancerous cells on the cervix.. I was standing a lot at work and I got really sick during my pregnancy.. I was in bed rest for months it was crazy but, t helped me a lot. She need to think about the baby and her health. If, her doctor is not listening to her then I think she should change her OB.
textbookcase
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:36 AM
She should probably get a second opinion just to be on the safe side, but to make you feel a little better I had both of those problems early on in my second pregnancy. and while it was uncomfortable (the pubic synthesis separation - OW!) I went almost 2 weeks overdue.
Jodee
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:38 AM
that must obeen what happened to me...but that was the only pain i was in my whole pregnancy including labor.
i was dialated to a 3 a month before he was due.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)