Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pics remind me of what tragedy did to my son, but give me hope....(ETA in post)

Posted by   + Show Post

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about my son and all of his problems. I just worry about him so much and want to see him overcome his battles. 

I was just looking through pics.  The first pic was the week before his accident.  The one that changed him for life.  The other pics are from when he was younger.  Happy times.  Times when I could still see my little boy behind those eyes.  I am seeing that less and less and depression and mental illness consume him.  He was so beautiful. It is heartbreaking. I just want my son back.  I hope to look into his eyes one day and realize he is back.

This sweet little chunk was horribly injured due to the neglect of a babysitter.

Holding the baby.

ETA:

Here is another post that I made about him.  Society sees him as a "bully". I wanted people to realize that what you see on the outside does not always reflect the entire story or who the person really is.  Sometimes, there is so much that you don't know.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/14984220/I_am_the_mom_of_a_bully_Ask_me_anything

As you will see in the post, there are some people that will make hateful comments and still see them as a bad person despite hearing their story. Some miserable people will go as far as to say, "I hope my son doesn't grow up to be like yours."

The truth is...my son is wonderful and strong to have even made it through the suffering he has.

by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamaKitty5
by Member on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:43 PM
He's an adorable boy. I'm so sorry he was hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmommy2011
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:43 PM

he's adorable, what happened?

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM

A week after that picture, my chunky little baby boy fell down stairs in a walker, landed on his head on concrete, and sustained a brain injury.  One that will affect him the rest of his life.  She called me at work and told me he fell, but he was okay. I finished my shift that day to go to pick him up and was horrified. He was not okay.

Now, because he is not like other kids, he is consumed with depression.  He has totally given up on life and has been majorly depressed for 3 years now.  We have not been able to pull him out of it.  He is 16.

Quoting jess80:

Cute pics! What happened?

mamagreen08
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:45 PM
I don't know the back story, but I'm sorry that you are going through a rough time.
mamagreen08
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM
I couldn't imagine. I have no words that could truly help, but know that you always have friends here for support.
Quoting TrouserMouse:

jess80
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:47 PM
That's horrible. I'm so sorry! I hope he gets well soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5tyli5hLensT
omg, how could she not call an ambulance. im so srry, i cant even imagine your pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth

Quoting pink.princess87:

I don't think i know the back story but hes an adorable luttle guy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisLove18
That is horrible. I'm so sorry. I sincerely hope that he will beable to overcome his depression.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

A week after that picture, my chunky little baby boy fell down stairs in a walker, landed on his head on concrete, and sustained a brain injury.  One that will affect him the rest of his life.  She called me at work and told me he fell, but he was okay. I finished my shift that day to go to pick him up and was horrified. He was not okay.

Now, because he is not like other kids, he is consumed with depression.  He has totally given up on life and has been majorly depressed for 3 years now.  We have not been able to pull him out of it.  He is 16.

Quoting jess80:

Cute pics! What happened?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN