Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pics remind me of what tragedy did to my son, but give me hope....(ETA in post)

Posted by   + Show Post

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing about my son and all of his problems. I just worry about him so much and want to see him overcome his battles. 

I was just looking through pics.  The first pic was the week before his accident.  The one that changed him for life.  The other pics are from when he was younger.  Happy times.  Times when I could still see my little boy behind those eyes.  I am seeing that less and less and depression and mental illness consume him.  He was so beautiful. It is heartbreaking. I just want my son back.  I hope to look into his eyes one day and realize he is back.

This sweet little chunk was horribly injured due to the neglect of a babysitter.

Holding the baby.

ETA:

Here is another post that I made about him.  Society sees him as a "bully". I wanted people to realize that what you see on the outside does not always reflect the entire story or who the person really is.  Sometimes, there is so much that you don't know.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/14984220/I_am_the_mom_of_a_bully_Ask_me_anything

As you will see in the post, there are some people that will make hateful comments and still see them as a bad person despite hearing their story. Some miserable people will go as far as to say, "I hope my son doesn't grow up to be like yours."

The truth is...my son is wonderful and strong to have even made it through the suffering he has.

by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't get tired of it...when I have something to say about my kids,you listen...why would I be tired of hearing it?

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I'm sorry what happend to him. He's a very handsom young man.

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM
I read this tonight sitting here crying my eyes out. I lost my childhood best friend to depression tonight. I from the bottom of my heart hope one day your son is able to overcome. It's such a serious illness.

He looks just like you though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2girls07
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

I'm sorry what happend to him. He's a very handsom young man.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lishes
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I'm sorry momma :-(

HadleyAzure

He's cute. I hope he starts feeling better.=)

onefootcutiepie

(((((HUGS))))) I know a glimpse of what you are saying. My 7 year old started having seizures back in February of this year and he's had SO many medical problems this year. We don't know if it will be a permanent and consistent thing at this point, but all the medical drama has definitely frustrated him and changed him. It's heartwrenching to watch him and not truly be able to help. We have hope of a good outcome eventually though, so my heart really goes out to you. (((((HUGS))))) again....

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

The part of his brain that was damaged is what gives people the ability to control their emotions, especially anger.  Since he cannot control his anger, he is looked at by society as a bad kid or a bully.  He hurts the people around him emotionally and physically when he does not want to. He is a super sweet kid...or was meant to be.  He can't help the way he is.  He doesn't want to be mean or hurt people, so he began isolating himself. He stopped going to school, rarely leaves the house, rarely leaves his room.  It has gotten worse and worse as he has gotten older and realizes that how people see him is not really who he is or how he wants to be.

Here is a little piece from a webiste explaining it:

Reasons for Anger and Depression after TBI

Our emotions are located in the middle part of our brain, which is very primitive. This part of the brain governs your emotional response. For example, if you are mad at someone, this part of your brain tells you to hit that person.

The part of your brain that helps you plan and control your behavior is located at the front of the brain. This part of the brain works in tandem with the middle part of the brain. So if the middle part of the brain is telling you that the correct emotional response is to hit someone, the front part of the brain tells you all the reasons why you shouldn't.

If the front part of the brain which is the part of the brain that governs behaviors is compromised, raw emotions will be more prevalent.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Dont know the story but man in that last pic his eyes are gorgeous. lol

Travelagtmom
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM
I'm so sorry. What a sweet litle guy! I cannot imagine the pain and worry you have to deal with. I hope he comes through okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN