Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Diamond candles

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM
  • 27 Replies
Anyone not so sure about them? I want one and I know the chances are slim but I've been on there Facebook page went through almost 500 pictures and all but maybe 1 were 10.00 rings. The candle itself is worth the 25.00 but has anyone out there actually gotten a really expensive ring?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
renijazzysmom
by Tiffanie on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:21 AM
I'm on the fence about them also. My fingers are larger and I'm thinking that they wouldn't fit.
mum23beauties
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course the expensive rings are goinng to be few and far between. Assuming 500 pictures equals 500 x $25 - you have a revenue of $12,500. If each candle has at least a $10 ring - it makes their revenue 500 x $15 = $7,500. And that is without any other cost involved. The most expensive ring you can get from them is $5K? $10k? You can quickly see why, out of 500 rings, all but 1 were worth $10.

Justine1123
by Justine on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I understand all that. They will be rare but these candles on Facebook aren't the only candles they have sold.

Quoting mum23beauties:

Of course the expensive rings are goinng to be few and far between. Assuming 500 pictures equals 500 x $25 - you have a revenue of $12,500. If each candle has at least a $10 ring - it makes their revenue 500 x $15 = $7,500. And that is without any other cost involved. The most expensive ring you can get from them is $5K? $10k? You can quickly see why, out of 500 rings, all but 1 were worth $10.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I have smaller fingers and some of those rings are just ugly!

Quoting renijazzysmom:

I'm on the fence about them also. My fingers are larger and I'm thinking that they wouldn't fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mum23beauties
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course. That would be a representation and probably a more acurate one. 1 good ring out of 500 - less than 1% chance. I suspect if you look at their website the weightings will be far higher - just looking at their home page - out of 14, at least 3 look like expensive ones; around 20%. It is creative marketing. Does it give you a percentage of what your actual chances are of having a ring worth more than the candle? You probably have a similar chance of winning an equal amount on the lottery. I have only heard of them on CM and they seem to be a waste of money IMO - I'd rather forgo the ring and get a yankie candle.

Quoting Justine1123:

I understand all that. They will be rare but these candles on Facebook aren't the only candles they have sold.

Quoting mum23beauties:

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2012 at 7:53 AM
I got 2 and both were the cheap rings plus the candles didn' t have a very good scent throw My candle was messed up looking but still usable I expected more for the price I paid. I don't recommend them.
Justine1123
by Justine on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Thank you!! I'm sorry you had a bad experience!

Quoting angelachristine:

I got 2 and both were the cheap rings plus the candles didn' t have a very good scent throw My candle was messed up looking but still usable I expected more for the price I paid. I don't recommend them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I want to light my Yankee jar candle I have right now but my nose is so stuffed up I won't smell it anyway. :(

Quoting mum23beauties:

Of course. That would be a representation and probably a more acurate one. 1 good ring out of 500 - less than 1% chance. I suspect if you look at their website the weightings will be far higher - just looking at their home page - out of 14, at least 3 look like expensive ones; around 20%. It is creative marketing. Does it give you a percentage of what your actual chances are of having a ring worth more than the candle? You probably have a similar chance of winning an equal amount on the lottery. I have only heard of them on CM and they seem to be a waste of money IMO - I'd rather forgo the ring and get a yankie candle.

Quoting Justine1123:

Quoting mum23beauties:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaitingOnPeanut
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I haven't bought one yet but I plan to when they bring back the Carnival Candy scent. :) I don't really expect to find a $5,000 ring, but it'd be nice. 

sparkle_monkey
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I was unimpressed. The apple Alice, sweetie pea and cinnamon tea were all lacking scent. The wax melts too fast and the scent throw is awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)