• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It isn't funny or cute, not even a little bit

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM
  • 126 Replies

We took the kids to Arenacross tonight. It was my third son's birthday.  Arenacross is a family event enjoyed by people of all backgrounds.

There was an intermission thing where they were allowing people to do "shout outs" on a microphone to the crowd by giving a donation to a local organization to help teens stay out of trouble.

I kid you not, this guy that looked to be around 27 and a girl that looked to be about 25 went up to the microphone.  She was holding the guy by the arm. The guy then pretended to be disabled as if he had CP (making jerky, uncontrolled movements and talking slow and strained) in front of the crowd and said, "Hi, my name is Jeff." Then he yells, "I'm going to Disneyland!" in his best effort to try and sound "retarded" (as this was his intent, not how I would normally use that word).  Then the girl with him goes, "This is my brother and all he wants is a kiss from one of the Monster girls." (Monster energy drinks sponsored it and they had cute girls helping out)

So, this guy got up in front of a crowd and acted in this disgusting manner in a lame attempt to get kissed by some hot chick that worked for Monster.

I just can't believe anyone that age, or really even anyone at all, could be so disrespectful and in front of a huge crowd at that. I am glad my kids know better than that and actually have compassion to those with developmental disabilities. I know they were not influenced by his poor actions.  

ETA: He definitely was not disabled. He was in the section next to us. I saw him before and after this and he was walking and speaking fine.  He came back to the section and was giving high fives and laughing with all of his buddies.  

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaseballMom34
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM
That's disgusting..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the title.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDean
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Are you sure he was disbaled?

That is shameful if he was =( I think peope who act that way are horrible!

Apollos82

I'm only asking because I don't see it in the post...did you see him being "normal" before or after? 

britt6

So I am not tryin' to be a jerk here but are you positive he wasn't disabled? Was he actually called out for it?

2.b.con.10.Ud
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

How do you know he was acting??

Sweets27
That's horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xRockaBrittanyx

Oh wow.

Just.. wow. That is unbelievable.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

He definitely was not disabled. He was in the section next to us. I saw him before and after this and he was walking and speaking fine.  He came back to the section and was giving high fives and laughing with all of his buddies.  

I was so disgused that I couldn't stop looking back at him. It almost ruined my night.  He didn't get kissed btw.  

Quoting MsDean:

Are you sure he was disbaled?

That is shameful if he was =( I think peope who act that way are horrible!

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

How do you know he wasnt actually disabled?  If he wasnt, i agree with you, how shameful....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)