• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

medication drug deal

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM
  • 17 Replies
I needed a cream for a rash I had. I went to the pharmacy and at the time I didn't have medical insurance. I gave them the script my DR. Gave me. The total came up to $245. I was like what?

I took the script and walked to the medicine isle. I found the exact same thing for $3. Why? Why is this going on? What the hell!

I took the cream to the pharmacist to be positive it was exactly what I was prescribed. He confirmed it. So I asked " I can buy this over the counter for three bucks. But if I get it through you I have to pay $ 245? Why is that?" They replied because I don't have insurance.

Now my mom had back surgery right? So she is on some hard corpe pain meds. She has insurance and she can get these meds that are extremley expensive on the street for $4.

Is this a scam? Are DR's making money off of drugs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amyrw
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Doctors have been known to be bribed to prescribe certain drugs by the pharmaceutical companies. But the big pharm is who is making the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imandia4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM
This blows my mind ! Its like people are fighting this war on drugs but yet we can just get them for next to nothing at a store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM
I believe pretty much everything is run by big pharmaceuticals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM
I'd have to say your pharmacy is crooked. If its cheaper otc, the pharmacist tells me and I buy it that way.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with your mom and street drugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imandia4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Like hydros, oxycoton. Shit like that. On the streets people are killing over these drugs you can get over the counter for $4.

Go to Wal Mart or any other pharmacy. Go see what the medication for a fungal infection costs without insurance. Then go look for it over the counter. I bet you it will be the same thing. And I bet you can get hydrocordones, percacets, oxycottons for $4.

Quoting Dawn4175:

I'd have to say your pharmacy is crooked. If its cheaper otc, the pharmacist tells me and I buy it that way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 AM

The pharmacutical companies have been giving Doctors ....Kick Backs and Bribes since forever......to prescribe their particular medication

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM
I'm not disagreeing that it can be cheaper otc. It happens, but the pharmacist will tell me that and suggest I buy it that way instead of with the prescription.

And I also agree that narcotics are cheap with insurance, and expensive on the street, but I guess that's because you don't need a prescription when you buy them from some dealer on the corner.

Quoting imandia4:

Like hydros, oxycoton. Shit like that. On the streets people are killing over these drugs you can get over the counter for $4.

Go to Wal Mart or any other pharmacy. Go see what the medication for a fungal infection costs without insurance. Then go look for it over the counter. I bet you it will be the same thing. And I bet you can get hydrocordones, percacets, oxycottons for $4.

Quoting Dawn4175:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imandia4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM
So maybe the government. Doesn't want others selling drugs on the street because it takes away from their business?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redredhead
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM
That's exactly it. Methadone and Methadone clinics are a great example of that. Government replaces one drug with another that's even more addictive.

Quoting imandia4:

So maybe the government. Doesn't want others selling drugs on the street because it takes away from their business?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imandia4
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
And the government makes even more money when people drive under the influence. I'm not talking about drinking, I'm talking about the pain meds people are on because its dirt cheap. When you drive while intoxicated you pay fines for it.

Quoting redredhead:

That's exactly it. Methadone and Methadone clinics are a great example of that. Government replaces one drug with another that's even more addictive.

Quoting imandia4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)