Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you rather follow advice from this person or that person?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:30 AM
  • 0 Replies

How much technical and lawfully informed advice could a person give to another to help another person in need if they don't have any personal experience in (insert situation here)?

It's like a person without kids telling someone who has kids how to parent. I'm sure we all can relate to that one. However, if someone has no PERSONAL experience with a subject (I do not discriminate against whatever subject it could be whether it be from diapering to DUI convictions), how can a person really have any helpful information to give another?

The game of "he said, she said, he said, she judged and embellished," is simply not valid. That is not advice, but a judgment and an opinion. And those are like assholes, everyone has one.

If I don't know something about a subject, say, cloth diapering for example, I wouldn't ask a person who has never cloth diapered, or worse never had a kid and just heard through the grapevine how another parent who has.

Really, people, this is a New Year, full of new possibilities and a year to learn a heck of a lot more about our fellow human beings without being such a fucking hypocrite.  Maybe it's my age, as I am pushing 35, but I find a lot of the youth from this current generation, quite selfish, inconsiderately rude, and flat out self-centered.

I'm aware not all of them are like this. But there are too many that are. A little compassion without the backstabbing bullshit can get one much further in life. And no I am not talking about just those on here. I am speaking in regards to what I see in public as well. It's just sad how our world is falling apart.

GROW UP and get over the instant gratification and "I'm better than everyone mentality."

Ok there's my vent.

I am solely responsible for the words that come out of my mouth.

I am not responsible for how others choose to interpret it.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)