• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any name that needs ...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:23 AM
  • 278 Replies
9 moms liked this

A detailed explanation of how to pronounce when reading it, is probably not a great idea for a name.

Agree or No?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandiii04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:24 AM
4 moms liked this
Like Nevaeh????????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Depends on the name and maybe the culture.

I do have a future name for a girl--possible name. I just am stuck on the spelling.

I like Mayana but I love Mae better so I like Maeana but I am unsure about how that looks...I like it but it's different lol.

Mandiii04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I actually find myself explaining DD's name a lot. I guess Clara is so classic that it's not.... Idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Quoting Mandiii04:

I actually find myself explaining DD's name a lot. I guess Clara is so classic that it's not.... Idk.

I like Clara!

pregnancy calendar

champagne_rose
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:27 AM

With Marc, the only problem we have is people asking if his name is short for Marcus. I once told someone and they were telling me how it is...because Marc is short for Marcus. I know for sure that Marc is a full name thank you lol.

AnnieMcD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mandiii04:

How can anyone possibly mispronounce Clara? LOL.

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:29 AM

For the most part yet...but some people are just dumb.

My 21 month old is named Tegan...pronounced TEE-GAN.  People read it as TAY-GAN for whatever reason, even though the proper spelling for TAY-GAN is Teagan.

Visit my blog, The Cupcake Files! 

Join and enter my give away!!!

periwinkle163
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:29 AM
4 moms liked this

I agree, and if you do name your child a name like that don't complain when nobody can pronounce it correctly.

AnnieMcD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Heehee, I lubs you, but I saw you explaining that in the other thread and that's what spawned this. It's a pretty name, but if anything I would hyphenate it, cause when I saw Maeana I immediately thought Mina not May-Ahna

Quoting champagne_rose:

Depends on the name and maybe the culture.

I do have a future name for a girl--possible name. I just am stuck on the spelling.

I like Mayana but I love Mae better so I like Maeana but I am unsure about how that looks...I like it but it's different lol.

Mandiii04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I guess people getting so used to the fucked up spelling of names that when they see a "normal" name it confuses them. Lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting Mandiii04:

How can anyone possibly mispronounce Clara? LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)