Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weather

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you having big temperature swings in your area?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Tuesday, our temps were in the 50's. 

Then Wed/Thurs and lesser Friday, we had subzero windchills and ice storms at the end of last week.

Today is supposed to be sunny and 55.

Still no snow in the forecast so the Santa snowboard and sled have yet to be used.  Alas woe is them.

LOL  Gotta love winter in Nebraska.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:19 AM

BUMP!

christina0607
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Yup. I think most people are experiencing strange weather, especially anyone on the east coast.

I have no complaints this year!!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Quoting christina0607:

Yup. I think most people are experiencing strange weather, especially anyone on the east coast.

I have no complaints this year!!

We've had unseasonable warm weather before, even in January.  But it is usually a gradual climb, and often follows and precedes endless weeks of snow ice, and subzero temps. 

This is really weird  how it'll be warmish for weeks on end and then BOOM, a day or two of winter. LOL

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM

BUMP!

Sassy01
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM

we've had an abnormally dry winter this year, about average temps, and we are expecting our first snow of the winter today and tomorrow. if it shows up LOL.

alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM

THat's what it's usually like in Houston. Major swings in weather. We were supposed to have a freeze the night before last, but there was a high pressure so it wasn't humid enough.
*dusts shoulders off, I learned that while substituting* 

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM

LOL about the humidity and frost?  

Quoting alwayskk:

THat's what it's usually like in Houston. Major swings in weather. We were supposed to have a freeze the night before last, but there was a high pressure so it wasn't humid enough.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Are you in the midwest?  We've had just a couple inches of snow, right before Christmas, I think, it didn't stick around long, except the mountains and piles in parking lots.

Quoting Sassy01:

we've had an abnormally dry winter this year, about average temps, and we are expecting our first snow of the winter today and tomorrow. if it shows up LOL.

alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM

About high pressure fronts. LOL

Quoting ninipanini:

LOL about the humidity and frost?  

Quoting alwayskk:

.Pagan.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

last week i wore a tank top out then yesterday i was freezing and it was 39 degrees outside. in a couple of days its suppose to be 61 again. last year we had snow much before this time but this year the weather cant seem to decide if its late winter or early spring!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)