• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP I NEED HONEST OPINIONS!!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 29 Replies
My son is about to turn a year old and I want to start weaning him (from breast milk) my husband has always said "ok, whatever you wanna do" NOW 2 weeks b4 I start the process he tells me I'm being selfish and he thinks I should keep feeding him until 2 years old. I'm extremely upset. I have NEVER had a break from him, never left him even with my husband, had a sitter, I literally haven't LEFT THE HOUSE without him since he was born. He bites me like crazy not to mention but I guess I have to keep nursing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Why not try to pump?
I'm sorry I dont know much I am hoping to breastfeed this time around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

If he's biting you when he nurses, then it's time to stop.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe compromise - wean him from the breast but continue to pump and give him via a sippy.

amber_dawn
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him he's being selfish. Can you try pumping and then just leave him with DH for the day and go out and enjoy yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ADaltonmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I know some women who only bf at night....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zNkmama7
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM
The problem is he throws a fit when he sees the pump. He only naps once a day and I don't have any help/sitter so I can pump without him freaking out. Plus its really hard to pump and hold him at the same time!!! Awesome suggestion tho, thank u! :)

Quoting FooLynRoo:

maybe compromise - wean him from the breast but continue to pump and give him via a sippy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl0809
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM
No it's not. She needs to teach him to NOT bite!

Quoting orcadarwin:

If he's biting you when he nurses, then it's time to stop.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

You don't "have" to do anything, especially something as personal as nursing. Sounds like your husband was convinced by someone of the benefits of BF-ing and has decided he knows it all.

Nurse til you're done, and then stop. Don't worry about his opinion, they're not his breasts, he has no say.

Meanwhile, you should probably have tried expressing and bottle feeding at some point before this, cause it's just insane to go that long without ever having a single afternoon to yourself. Poor momma. I can understand why you want to stop, it must feel so confining.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Pump.  I nursed both my boys and worked full time.  It can be done.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting zNkmama7:

My son is about to turn a year old and I want to start weaning him (from breast milk) my husband has always said "ok, whatever you wanna do" NOW 2 weeks b4 I start the process he tells me I'm being selfish and he thinks I should keep feeding him until 2 years old. I'm extremely upset. I have NEVER had a break from him, never left him even with my husband, had a sitter, I literally haven't LEFT THE HOUSE without him since he was born. He bites me like crazy not to mention but I guess I have to keep nursing!

So if YOU hate it so much -- stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)