• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So excited, I have to brag!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM
  • 64 Replies
13 moms liked this
I decided on New Year's Day that, (cliche alert!) I was done being fat and I was going to lose weight. Not only lose weight, but change my whole lifestyle. I have failed many times before, but I realized my downfalls so I changed it up. I started tracking all my food and exercise on an app on my phone so that the reality of my calorie intake to output was in my face. I decided to ONLY weigh myself on Sundays.

So, weigh in was this morning...I am down 12 pounds (lost 5 this past week, 7 the week before)!!!!!!! 12! I realize that, being only 2 weeks in, most of that is water weight, but I'm still so proud of myself!

My goal is 2 pounds a week and I'm sure that by next week I will start evening out and my loss won't be as grand, but still...what a heck of a jumpstart! I still have a LONG way to go until I reach my goal, but I'm so excited! *happy dances*

*ETA*: I'm using the "My Fitness Pal calorie tracker" app for Android (it's free!) and that works with/links up with myfitnesspal.com, so I can use either one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Congrats and good luck! Just remember calories are gooood and you neeeeeed them for your body to burn fat! Keep it up!!! I got a few to lose too hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLeyhe
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Good job!!!
mommy03021207
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM
What app are you using for your phone? Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Thanks, ladies! I have finally realized that food isn't my friend, it's fuel for my body...that was my biggest problem before. If I was stressed or anxious or mad, I would eat and I wasn't eating good things! I would pound an entire package of cookies or cinnamon rolls. I haven't denied myself anything...I've still had pizza and cookies, but I only have a slice or 2 and then eat a salad or have 2 cookies instead of 12.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Good for you! What phone app are you using and do you feel like it takes up a lot of time?

bearspea
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Great Job! Eating right is something I struggle with. What app are you using? I hope I can get my bum in gear, too! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM
It's the "My Fitness Pal" calorie tracker app for Android. It's free and it also links you with the My Fitness Pal website! You can add people, too, so you could create a weight loss group with friends and be able to message each other or read their updates (Like mine will say "Rachel has logged for 14 days in a row" or "Rachel completed her diary today and was over her calorie goal"...stuff like that. And thanks!

Quoting mommy03021207:

What app are you using for your phone? Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
"My Fitness Pal" calorie tracker for Android. And not at all! Infact, it's SUPER simple! Huge data base of products and my favorite part is it has a freaking barcode scanner! So, like, when I had a Coke the other day...I simply scanned the barcode on the can and boom! All the nutritional info came up! :)

Quoting alwayskk:

Good for you! What phone app are you using and do you feel like it takes up a lot of time?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sky375
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Well I need to lose about 15. I bought my wedding dress to soon and now it won't fit. I know they can let it out an inch or two ( one or the other I can remember) but I think it would be healthier to just lose this added weight. I would love to know what app you are using. I went in a site that said based on my weight goal and activity I should be on a 1000 calorie diet. Doc said that was too dangerous for me and to just increase my activity. Let me know thanks!! And since I forgot to mention it CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I tell ya what, it's MUCH easier to eat right when you have to slap yourself in the face with the reality of what you just ate! The first few days I was like "OMG! I've been consuming almost triple the recommended calorie intake for a day!"

I'm using the "My Fitness Pal" calorie tracker for Android.

Quoting bearspea:

Great Job! Eating right is something I struggle with. What app are you using? I hope I can get my bum in gear, too! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)