• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FREE CHOCOLATE!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 36 Replies

That made you look! Seriously though, I need your opinions. There might be some chocolate in it for a realy useful answer.

I have seen a few shops in the UK and know of a few websites, that sell typically American grocery items, mostly snacks and confectionary like Hersey's kisses, etc. Equally, I know that British chocolate and sweets are quite well liked over the pond - I am thinking of Cadbury's chocolate; buttons, creme eggs etc. My questions are

1) have you had and do you like British choc / sweets?

2) If so which ones?

3) How easy is it to buy?

4) How much do shops charge? Can you give specific examples?

5) Do you know of any websites that sells British chocolate? I have googled but because I am in the UK, it is only showing me UK shops.

I'd be so grateful of any info you can give me!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Judith3247
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM
bump!

RLSMOM59
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Google "British candy sold in United States" I did and a ton of websites came up. GL

Nihhusa
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Mmmmmm ... Cadbury's caramel eggs ... nom nom nom nom nom

Ummm... I don't know of any specific examples of British sweets or how much they cost. All I know is that now I want a Cadbury's egg and still have a couple months until they become available. *sadface*

mum23beauties
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thanks! My goodness - the prices are hugely marked up! I cannot believe the price they are selling for and I could easily undercut and still make a nice profit if there is a market. I wonder how it compares to a shop. They have a standard chocolate bar on there for $2.

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Google "British candy sold in United States" I did and a ton of websites came up. GL

MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I love easter...cadbury cream eggs...omg..i buy them by the case...i suppliment year round with cadbury fruit n nut bars and carmellos...cadbury is the bomb..hershey sucks ass. Id pay ten bucks for anything remotely close or better then cadbury...and won't eat anything else besides a reeses cup..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mum23beauties
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I could have one to you in 10 working days ! ;)

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Mmmmmm ... Cadbury's caramel eggs ... nom nom nom nom nom

Ummm... I don't know of any specific examples of British sweets or how much they cost. All I know is that now I want a Cadbury's egg and still have a couple months until they become available. *sadface*

mum23beauties
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

BUMP!

mum23beauties
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

BUMP!

lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Like I mentioned in your other post I love chocolate digestives, here they sell for $3.99 for one package.
I love Cadbury chocolates too.

I love the idea of your website :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)