• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty traing ? please really need help

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 14 Replies
Does anyone have any ways to help to get a 3 yr old boy potty trained. I had no problems with my first boy to potty trained but my middle one is being very stuburn on not being potty trained
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mglynnie1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Ouch I'm working on that now with my almost 2 yr old . GL !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1987
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Thank u my oldest one was real easy with in a week he was potty trained and my middle one wants nothing to do with it but in need to get him potty trained so he can go to preschool

Quoting mglynnie1:

Ouch I'm working on that now with my almost 2 yr old . GL !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mavcoed
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Bump cause I'm in the same boat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1987
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2.b.con.10.Ud
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I just put mine in underwear. He urinated in them, and looked at me in shock. I said "That's why we use the potty." I took his hand, led him to the toilet. He finished going in the toilet. He was magically trained. I swear, it's true.
Sweetie1987
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
My oldest was like that so I try that and it doesn't bother him when he pees or poops

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

I just put mine in underwear. He urinated in them, and looked at me in shock. I said "That's why we use the potty." I took his hand, led him to the toilet. He finished going in the toilet. He was magically trained. I swear, it's true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I think this is the best method.

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Is he showing signs of being ready?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
judybant
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

is he dry at night, all night, most nights of the week(like 6 out of 7... or 13 out of 14)? If not, then he doesn't have the control needed to be held accountable during the day. Just wait. Leave him in diapers, (not pull ups) and say nothing. Just make sure he sees the potty chair is available for his use any time he wants to. My son was dry at night for almost 6 months before he finally decided he was done wearing diapers. And then it was literally one day, Nov. 22, 2006, at 5:16 pm, he was playing, and all of a sudden, stopped in his tracks, yelled, "I GOTTA POOP!" and went running for the bathroom, stripping all his clothes off, along with the diaper as he went. He got done doing his thing, asked for help on how to wipe his butt, washed his hands, and then asked when we could go buy him some "fancy pants"... I packed him up, and we went to the store right then to pick out some underwear. We got home, he took the diaper off, said, "I not a baby no MORE!" and put on the underwear, and only had one accident, which was really more of a "Mom, you didn't listen to me" moment, because I didn't believe that he'd need to go again just 20 minutes after having gone... no fuss... VERY little mess... and it was easy peasy! 

2.b.con.10.Ud
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM

How long have you done that for?

Quoting Sweetie1987:

My oldest was like that so I try that and it doesn't bother him when he pees or poops

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)