Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Ever Had This Happen With A Fever?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 10 Replies

My niece took her DD to the E.R. yesterday morning because around 5am she had a 104 degree fever. The doctor said it was just a virus, gave her the usual advice.

2 hours later her DD was fine, no sign of the fever, it was like it was never there.

I thought that was really odd. It's the first time she's ever had a fever and she is 16 months old.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itzmyzoo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Did she get Tylenol? Stuff like that can make a fever dissapear, but when it wears off, bam! Fever is back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex

DS(5) had a fever last weekend - 103.1, probably higher since he doesn't hold the thermometer in his mouth properly. It started after he got home from school, stuck around until he went to bed, and when I checked on him a few hours later his skin felt cool. There was no sign he'd had a fever in the first place. I found it kind of odd, but fevers are just the body's way of fighting off infection so I figure his body just turned up the heat to prevent him from getting sick rather than because he already was sick.

ffpm10
Ya when fevers "break" it can be a sudden change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

When my granddaughter was that age she would spike a fever and a little while later throw up. Once she threw up her fever went away completely and she was fine.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

She gave her Motrin once and then the fever was gone, never to be heard from again lol

My son gets sick about once a year and is usually sick with a fever for a couple days at least, so I have never heard of a fever disappearing like that.

dsebastian23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

cause she was given meds........

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM

My oldest was like that Friday. He had a fever of 100.1 (just enough to get sent home from school) but it went down and was fine until 7:00 Friday night. It jumped to 104.3 and we went to the ER, by the time he went through triage, it was 98.3. Never went back up....

but he did have Strep throat.

cLanief
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
yup.. My son doesn't get sick very often... He can be hot and feverish one minute and be fine the next.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Sometimes that is just how it goes with kids and viruses.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I've had that happen with my girls before. My oldest spiked a 103 fever randomly one afternoon...by bedtime, she was fine and it never came back. It happens. Your neice probably has a good immune system and was able to kick whatever it was she had :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)