Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 17 Replies

of a good non medicated facial cleanser? my daughter is 7 and there is already a need for her to wash her face daily but i have been having her use baby wash. it is drying out her skin but i don't want her to use anything medicated for acne yet. any ideas?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BamaMommy2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I have no idea..Here's a bump though!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I use one that Olay makes.

kjfamily
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Yeah I want hear suggestions as well. My 10 year old is starting to break out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I use this, I have really sensitive skin on my face, and this does not dry out my skin. It's usually like 7 bucks though at the store.

http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Sensitive-Skin-Gentle-Foaming/dp/B001PV4WZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326646996&sr=8-1

bearspea
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I use Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser on my ds. It's sort of expensive but it lasts forever. I think you can get a Walgreens or CVS version, too. :) 

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/extra+gentle+cleanser.do?sortby=ourPicks

bearspea
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Am I a super dork or what? I can't ever figure out how to get links on a post. How did you do it?

Quoting MissMissfit:

http://www.aveenostore.com/product/ultra-calming_foaming_cleanser.do?sortby=priceAscend

bearspea
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Derp derp. Thank you! :) For a while CM would always give me a pop-up that said I couldn't copy & paste using Mozilla, but it's working now.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Just C&P the link

Quoting bearspea:

Am I a super dork or what? I can't ever figure out how to get links on a post. How did you do it?

Quoting MissMissfit:

http://www.aveenostore.com/product/ultra-calming_foaming_cleanser.do?sortby=priceAscend

RadnRem
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Yes!

My 9 y/o son needs to wash his face already also.  He doesnt have acne or anything, he's just getting that "boy" smell.  LOL, you know, that smell all preteen boys get?  Yeah, my son started that at 8....what the eff?!

Anyway, I have him wash his face with cetaphil in the morning and at night.  I got him the bar soap because I figured at his age, he would really waste a lot of the liquid cetaphil soaps. They are all the same, so it didnt make a difference really.

It has helped him SO much!  I even use it sometimes too. It rinses away really clean and feels nice.

Duvessab
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I'm a MK consultant and there is a great product coming out this Feb. called MK Botanical Effects and it is hypo allergenic, has no alcohol and is fragrance free so anyone, even those with the most sensitive skin can use it. The cleanser is only $14 if you would like to check back on my website in Feb. to see if you would like to order one. You can also pm me if you would like it and I will ship it out to you for free, and as with all MK products it is garaunteed or your money back:-) I hope this helps and if you would like anything else or have questions pm me.

Vennessa Gatlin

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant

www.marykay.com/vgatlin

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

My ds uses cetaphil too.  Even I do sometimes.  We use liquid, because I didn't even know it came in a bar.

Quoting RadnRem:

Yes!

My 9 y/o son needs to wash his face already also.  He doesnt have acne or anything, he's just getting that "boy" smell.  LOL, you know, that smell all preteen boys get?  Yeah, my son started that at 8....what the eff?!

Anyway, I have him wash his face with cetaphil in the morning and at night.  I got him the bar soap because I figured at his age, he would really waste a lot of the liquid cetaphil soaps. They are all the same, so it didnt make a difference really.

It has helped him SO much!  I even use it sometimes too. It rinses away really clean and feels nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)