Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know your thyroid levels?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 1 Replies

I went to the ER last night for heart palpitations. I wrote in another post that I wasn't sure if it was due to an allergic reaction to an antibiotic I'm on. The heart palpitations got so bad that I was getting short of breath, I had SO feel my pulse and it sounded really off. It was going *beat.....beat.....beat.....beatbeatbeatbeatbeatbeat..........beat." and so on. So I was hooked up to an EKG monitor. They did blood work. They found out that I had hypothyroid disorder! Well, I had known that. I had an endocrinologist that dropped me because I lost my insurance and haven't gotten it re-tested. They checked my heart, it was fine minus palpitations. They said that the palpitations were caused by my thyroid being so out of whack and said that my thyroid levels were bad. The normal is 0.5-5.5 and mine was 19.5. And they said because I was so on and off with the medication that it started to mess with my heart, but not to get off of it again until I see a doctor who can prescribe me a bigger mg. (I was only on 0.5mg.) 

Anyone with hypothyroid disorder know what their levels are? 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Cherish77
by Cherish on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM

at the moment no, I have to call the dpcs on Tuesday, but I take .175 mcg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)