• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be annoyed...or just laugh...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was doing dishes and I asked my DD to collect any glasses from around the house to include the water glasses by the beds.  She comes back down empty handed.  Now I know there is a water glass by each bed.  I ask for the water glasses.  She says...I didn't get them.  I made your bed for you instead..  Now I appreciate that she made the bed.  But I really just wanted those water glasses.  LOL.  I never make my bed.  I think it looks more inviting that way.  I sent her back up to get the glasses and told her that I appreciate she made the bed....but next time do the thing I asked her to do first and then she can do extra.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I would be appreciative that she made the bed but annoyed that she didn't do what I asked. You were clearly in the middle of doing dishes and I would feel as though she was wasting my time.

ermka
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Lol, my 5 year old does this all the time (she makes every bednin the house) and yes.. i would be annoyed that she did something other than what she was told to do (but it's also a daily occurance for my dd, she always does something other than what i want her too) so i'm constantly annoyed.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

what a good girl !

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM
That was pretty much exactly how I felt.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would be appreciative that she made the bed but annoyed that she didn't do what I asked. You were clearly in the middle of doing dishes and I would feel as though she was wasting my time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I think that's really sweet :) maybe a treat for making your bed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I would do just what you did. DS loves to be helpful, and I let him know I appreciate any extra help he gives but still expect him to do what's asked of him.

Stacie-Kim
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM

aww thats cute BUT she should have done what you asked first then she can help you .. you were right 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)