Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pain and vomiting after csection?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
  • 24 Replies
I had my baby via csection 5 days ago. I was up and moving the next morning with no issue and hardly any pain. Dr released me from the hospital 3 days ago. Came home was doing good until that 1st night. I figured i had just done to much, so my husband took baby duty and let me sleep it off. I woke up yesterday morning in more pain then I've ever been in my life. Hurting so much it was making me throw up. Zofran has no effect on it at all. I pretty much stayed on the couch yesterday because moving makes me vomit which makes me hurt more. Not just my incision but my entire stomach and my chest feels like there's an elephant sitting on it. I can't eat either. Its gotten to where i can't even hold my baby because just her weight pushing on me anywhere hurts so bad i throw up (more like dry heave because i haven't eaten in 3 days) i want to hold my baby. I want to feel better. IM trying so hard not to show how much pain IM in but i don't think IM fooling anyone. Is it normal to still be hurting this flipping bad? What can i do? What should i do. IM forceing myself to move threw the pain but its just getting worse. I just want to feel better And be able to be a good momma to both my kids but i can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starr1089
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Are you taking pain pills?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I have never had a C section, so I have no idea what that's like. I would think that if your pain is so bad that you are throwing up though, that you should call your doctor and see what they have to say about it.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

call your drs line and have him call you back today.  Hugs I hope you start feeliing better.

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Go to the hospital. That is NOT normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristin_1984
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

BUMP!

mommy-of2cuties
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM
If you feel that bad and are throwing up I would call your dr Just to be on the safe side. Good luck I hope you feel better soon! And congratulations on the baby! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Yes i have 5mg hydrocodone. They don't usually stay down tho.

Quoting Starr1089:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crispysmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Are you taking pain pills? Everyone's level of pain tolerance is different. Ive had 2 c sections and have not experienced what you describe. You might want to call your obgyn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I called waiting on a call back. The lady on the phone sounded very uninterested. Idk how else to explain her attitude. So that worrys me a bit

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

call your drs line and have him call you back today.  Hugs I hope you start feeliing better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starr1089
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Maybe thats whats making you puke. They make me sick. Ive had 3 csections and have never been inthat much pain though. Id call you dr to make sure you dont have an infection.

Quoting kaidansmylife:

Yes i have 5mg hydrocodone. They don't usually stay down tho.

Quoting Starr1089:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)