Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age did you take your kids out of the crib?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 32 Replies

My son is 21 months and still in the crib. He knows how to climb out of it and I do have a toddler bed I could put him in. The problem is the crib gives him comfort and it is the only place other than a pack-N-Play that I can get him to go to sleep. I feel like it might be time to transition him just dont know how. I cant even get him to fall asleep in our bed.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShiylahsMommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Whenever he is ready and you can trust him :)...my daughter was in hers at about 1 1/2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My daughter was 22 months and I only remember because we took her out of the crib 2 months before my other daughter was born so I had the crib for the new baby.

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM

We never had a crib or baby bed of any kind. We co-slept on a futon on the floor when my son was very young, it was what worked for us and there was never any problems with having to switch sleeping habits.

MommieSDW
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM
2 was our magic age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM

DD is 20 months and hasn't figured out how to get out yet.  When she does, we will turn it into a toddler bed.  Though I am sure it comes with other issues, I'm not a fan of risking her falling nearly four feet.

TheMrs407
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Isn't there an alarm type thing you can put on their doors?

Quoting ShiylahsMommy:

Whenever he is ready and you can trust him :)...my daughter was in hers at about 1 1/2

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM
My son just turned one. He was able to get out the crib, so I knew it was time
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My first was just before he turned 2, my second was just after 2 and my third started climbing out at 13 months, we felt it best to move him rather than risk him getting hurt.

It is all about consistency. You will have to take him back to bed a million times, a million and one the next night LOL...but if you are consistent he will learn

geekymama15
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM
at about two for both of the kids. They were getting too big for the cribs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM

My 3yo was in a normal bed by 2 and half, toddler bed by 1 and a half. 

He liked that he could just go crawl into his bed whenever he wanted to. To get it more appealing to him, I used similar bedding than that of his crib, and put stuffed animals all over the bed and made it look fun.

"If you cannot accept me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best."- Marilyn Monroe

If being a stubborn, opinionated, educated, headstrong, beautiful woman makes me a b!tch, so be it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)