Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax document question

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

There was a post earier about when w2s have to be in the mail.

I am wondering if other tax documents, mainly ones you would receive from school/student loans, also have the January 31st deadline of being mailed out?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RadnRem
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Anyone?

Here is a shameless self bump! ;)

shortcakes13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Mine r all electronic...and they r available now... but I assume that they r the same as the rest if they r being mailed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RadnRem
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Thank you!

I am no longer in school, I graduated this past April.  I just can't remember how long it took for them to come in before.  I wish they were electronic though, LOL!

Quoting shortcakes13:

Mine r all electronic...and they r available now... but I assume that they r the same as the rest if they r being mailed...

shortcakes13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Ur welcome..sorry I couldn't be more help...

Quoting RadnRem:

Thank you!

I am no longer in school, I graduated this past April.  I just can't remember how long it took for them to come in before.  I wish they were electronic though, LOL!

Quoting shortcakes13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I believe everything has to be sent by the 31st.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Yes every tax thing has to be out by jan 31st

But check electronically, most schools have theirs online as done unemployment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM

DH says he believes everything tax realted has to be in the mail by Jan 31st. He worked in an HR Block that his mom owns.

Pnukey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Yes, they all have the January 31 deadline. However, that's a mailing deadline, so it may take a few extra days to arrive in the mail.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Also hope for good weather. Mine had to come from KY right at the same time a major storm shut down parts of the country

Quoting Pnukey:

Yes, they all have the January 31 deadline. However, that's a mailing deadline, so it may take a few extra days to arrive in the mail.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Ah, weather. Fun stuff. As long as the sender gets them to the PO by Jan. 31 for that postmark, they stop caring about what happens after.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Also hope for good weather. Mine had to come from KY right at the same time a major storm shut down parts of the country

Quoting Pnukey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)