Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe how some kids talk to their parents!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 26 Replies

I know there are much more disrespectful kids than the one I witnessed but I was still shocked.

I was at a bday party yesterday with my DH and kiddos.  I was watching the kids getting their faces painted and a few feet away this lady was talking to other parents.  Her son, who was at least 8, came up to her, interrupting her conversation saying "Mom, I'm thirsty."  She ignored him at first and he kept getting louder.  Then she completely stopped to get him a drink.  Then about an hour later she was standing right in front of me in the kitchen and he did it again. "mom, I'm thirsty."  Interrupting her conversation.  She stopped what she was doing to attend to his demands.

Whyyyy oh why do parents let their kids do this?  What ever happend to teaching your kids phrases like "excuse me" (especially when the adults are talking) and "may I please have....?".

My 2.5 yo knows better!  Sheesh!

rant over.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof4boyz1girl
by Diamond Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM

She should have told him no, you can wait until I'm done and if you interrupt me again you will wait even longer.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Rude brats irk me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:41 PM
My daughter says excuse me most of the time. If she forgets, I ignor her until she says it. After she says excuse me, she will wait until I ask her what she wants and then she will say it. And she ALWAYS says please and thank you.

I don't understand parents not teaching their kids these little manners either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrscycklops
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I have friends like that. It's obnoxious.

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM
My 8 yo will ask permission to go get a drink. Maybe there is something else going on?
hp2011
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

OMFG MY 3yo does this ALL THE TIME.

He is very bossy and sometimes I catch myself justifying my actions to him.

Example: I tell him not to play with the baby's pacifiers because I don't want to lose them.

I was holding the baby earlier and putting the binky in his mouth and he says to me: "Don't play with the binky"

Me: "I am not playing with it"

Him: "Yes you are"

Me: "No I am not." Then, realizing I was arguing with my 3yo, I told him to stop or he was going to his room.

IDK Where he gets it from (I'm lying, he gets it from me lol) but he interrupts all the time too.

LOL 

"If you cannot accept me at my worst, you do not deserve me at my best."- Marilyn Monroe

If being a stubborn, opinionated, educated, headstrong, beautiful woman makes me a b!tch, so be it.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The fact that the Mom did not correct him says it all.

PestPatti
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

It's not a new thing, its been around since parenting began.    I chuckle at how my friends raise/raised their kids.  And they wonder hmmm how did that happen.  My response, " You allowed it".

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I do not know why the parents allow their kids to do that. I do not know what happened with politeness. 

Figueroa81310
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Well children learn from what there parents teach them, if they are not taught better that's hoe they will act. All my kids say thank you, please, and excuse me. Its Important to me that they have manners. Some parents just do not care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)