Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wisdom teeth pain.. :/

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
  • 21 Replies

I had my wisdom teeth removed Thursday, Jan. 12th.

Should I be concerned if I'm in more pain now then I was the first couple of days?
I've been following all the rules, liquids, soups, starting to ease into mashed potatoes, oatmeal, you know.. the mushy things. I rinse after each meal to keep the stitches clean. NO STRAWS. I've been taking medication like I should be, trying to limit the use of the narcotics tho.

But damn.. I thought the pain would be easing up by now, not getting worse. :/ And of course Monday is a holiday.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Try icing your checks...

Do you have dry socket?

I'm sorry you're hurting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Apollos82:

Try icing your checks...

Do you have dry socket?

I'm kind of worried about that. I've never had it before.But I had all four wisdom teeth removed & its only the upper left side that hurts this bad. Everywhere else is fine. But they also said that tooth was up in my sinus cavity so it might take longer. I mean, it was hurting but not THIS badly.

Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Ow ow ow ow ow!!! *shudder* That sounds horrible!

Can you have someone peek in your mouth and see if they can spot the blood clot that should still be there?

Also... Tea bag it! lol wet a black tea bag and gentle place it on the one that hurts. Keep it there for about half an hour.

Are you rinsing with salt water?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Apollos82:

Try icing your checks...

Do you have dry socket?

I'm kind of worried about that. I've never had it before.But I had all four wisdom teeth removed & its only the upper left side that hurts this bad. Everywhere else is fine. But they also said that tooth was up in my sinus cavity so it might take longer. I mean, it was hurting but not THIS badly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Oh mama, I was a wreck for a whole week when I got 3 of mine removed. The answer, for me, was Vicodin, Vicodin, Vicodin.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Its all stitched up, they had to cut them out. So when I open my mouth all I can see is stitches. lol

I haven't rinsed with salt water, when I left the dentist they gave me a rinse to use tho.

Quoting Apollos82:

Ow ow ow ow ow!!! *shudder* That sounds horrible!

Can you have someone peek in your mouth and see if they can spot the blood clot that should still be there?

Also... Tea bag it! lol wet a black tea bag and gentle place it on the one that hurts. Keep it there for about half an hour.

Are you rinsing with salt water?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Apollos82:

Try icing your checks...

Do you have dry socket?

Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Hmmm...that's a tough one! Maybe it's the bone starting heal. I'm really sorry! I say lots of ice.

When I had mine out, I sat with two ice packs on either cheek and earmuffs holding them on! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Pnukey:

Oh mama, I was a wreck for a whole week when I got 3 of mine removed. The answer, for me, was Vicodin, Vicodin, Vicodin.

lol Ohh I wish that could be my answer. I have numerous health problems & I've had to be on narcotics just to deal with the day to day pain. I'm trying not to take more than absolutely needed.I dont want to be on them at all, because I was addicted to percocets before. :/ So I'm trying to really limit myself.

blondie.mom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I had all 4 of mine out at the same time too, and they had to cut out my lower left one. That side hurt more for me and swelled more than the other side. I alternated ice and warm packs. Ouch just thinking about it makes me ache!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyMama88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM
my teeth hurt for the first week after they got pulled mine got pulled on 12/29 if i didnt take my vicodin i couldnt bear to eat or anything if your narcotic makes you drowsy like mine did take tylenol during the day and the narcotic during the night. Tylenol and the narcotic will help with the swelling which the swelling can cause pain too. I had 6 teeth removed at once all 4 wisdom teeth plus two off the bottom right side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quoting KrissyMama88:

my teeth hurt for the first week after they got pulled mine got pulled on 12/29 if i didnt take my vicodin i couldnt bear to eat or anything if your narcotic makes you drowsy like mine did take tylenol during the day and the narcotic during the night. Tylenol and the narcotic will help with the swelling which the swelling can cause pain too. I had 6 teeth removed at once all 4 wisdom teeth plus two off the bottom right side

Oh Lord.. that sounds painful. And yeah, Tylenol isn't doing anything. I'm trying my best right now to eat a little something so I can take the 800ibuprofen. The narcotics dont make me sleepy, I've just had problems with them in the past, so I'm being very careful with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)