• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseats.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I applied to the car seat safety group but it has not been approved yet so I thought I would ask here. I have a 08 Mercury Milan Premier, and we have two kiddos. Our baby is still RF in a Evenflo Thriumph LX but our 3 year old we finally feel it would be safer for her to he FF. If she RF's she gets out of her seat no matter how much we try to make it impossible, plus she will try to harm her sister. Right now she has a Graco MyRide and I freaking hate it. Its so big that I can not have it in this car any freaking longer. I will scream. Plus we only have one car so I am constantly borrowing my sister's SUV (Jeep Liberty) and it just does not fit correctly. What are your suggestions. She's 3 years old, 34lbs and 36in tall.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM

A Graco Nautilus or an Evenflo Secure kid 400

kaygarcia97
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Are they smaller seats? The MyRide is 26in H & 20in Wide and thats where we find trouble

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM

The evenflo is.  The graco is wide.

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Are they smaller seats? The MyRide is 26in H & 20in Wide and thats where we find trouble

Lilypie Maternity tickers
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

We have two Graco Nautilus seats.  They are not small, but I love them. DD was harnessed until she was 6 (she didn't even hit 40 lbs. until she was 5).  Now, it is converted to a high-back booster.  DS (5) is still harnessed.  He has hit 40 lb. and will convert any day now (basically, when he asks). 

Funny thing was that DD could never figure out how to unbuckle the harness.  DS could do it, but she couldn't and she is almost three years older.  LOL

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Check out the safety first car seats. I love them. My dd had 3 different models and I love them all! I was in an accident in June and it protected her well. Also after the accident safety 1st replaced her carseat for free. It was here within a week. (Before my car was even ready) good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM

HOWEVER the alpha omega elite makes a TERRIBLE booster.

Quoting Makynzies_Mommy:

Check out the safety first car seats. I love them. My dd had 3 different models and I love them all! I was in an accident in June and it protected her well. Also after the accident safety 1st replaced her carseat for free. It was here within a week. (Before my car was even ready) good luck!

kaygarcia97
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM

We have to have a smaller seat. I cant keep smashing two kids into the back of the cars. Plus Ella at this moment can touch her sister and she feeds her shit that she shouldnt eat. 

Sorry touchy subject. 

I like the Evenflo 

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Evenflo Maestro is fairly narrow and is inexpensive. It harnesses to 50 lbs and then makes a decent booster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

The one I posted, the Evenflo secure kid 400 was built using the Maestro base.  It's the same width, but it goes to 65lbs.  Also, since it is built with the Maestro model, the booster fit should be the same.

Quoting Kylie819:

Evenflo Maestro is fairly narrow and is inexpensive. It harnesses to 50 lbs and then makes a decent booster.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)