Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F*** Short Time Disability *Vent*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

My SO paid for short time disability insurance just in case he should ever get sick and be out of work. So how is it when he was out of work for three plus weeks and files for short time disability. He gets a stack of paper he has to fill out. Fine he does it. and gives them everything he needs. I mean we really need this check to pay... IDK bills with. They switch representatives on him(his went on vacation) So he has to do this all over again. So why is it after they say they have everything and he should be getting a check soon... they mail him a 23 page packet stating he needs to fill this out. Almost two weeks trying to get this damn money and we are are a few days from getting kicked out our apartment.
They will probably mail him the check after we are no longer living here. 
And yeah he did ask if they could do direct deposit and they said no. 

AngelDemon.gif picture by conweis

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PinkyPan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I feel your pain. I really got screwed with short term disability insurance. I ended up calling our local tv consumer advocate. Long story short my car was repossessed and he was able to get me a newer car and my credit cleared. I hope things work out for you. I am sorry you are struggling.

conweis
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

This wouldn't be so bad if but with this insurance you have to be out of work for one whole week straight and then can't start filing until you get a return date.  

deenakate
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM
That's why it's so smart to read the fine print, most disability policies won't pay until you are out of work a certain amount of hours, etc. and make copies of everything. Had he done so he could have proven he turned it all in. Sorry youre going thru this.
mackQuin
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Aflac?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:59 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)