Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there such a thing?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 12 Replies
Non textured walls that is. My dream home will have flat smooth walls. I hate texture. It seems that dust dirt and handprints settle onto the little ledges of the texture. I hate it. I can't just wipe down the walls. Or spot clean. Then I have this super clean spot and it makes the rest of the wall look dirty. Bleh...

My random rant of the day. Can you tell its wall washing day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2theboy1994
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I've never seen a textured wall, lol! All of our ceilings are textured, but all of our walls are smooth paint.

That's right...be jealous...SMOOOOOOTH, lol.

SandraJo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM
You've never seen a textured wall? Everywhere I've ever lived, the walls have been textured.

Now give me your walls! I want them!!

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I've never seen a textured wall, lol! All of our ceilings are textured, but all of our walls are smooth paint.

That's right...be jealous...SMOOOOOOTH, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Yes I suppose it is

cLanief
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM
My walls are textured and ive never had that problem... I rent soo they texture so that when someone moves out nail hole patches aren't noticeable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM
It might just be the color of my walls, or the fact that my kids always have to touch the walls once they get their hands dirty.

I still want smooth walls.

Quoting cLanief:

My walls are textured and ive never had that problem... I rent soo they texture so that when someone moves out nail hole patches aren't noticeable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

We've never lived anywhere (that I can remember) with textured walls.  You know what you should hate?  Wallpaper.  That stuff is a $$F#$%^$ pain in the $$$#%^% to get off.  :P

cLanief
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Lol I have 2 perfect hand prints at the top of my stairs on the wall from my evil spawn running up the stairs and running into the wall with dirty hands. I leave it there to remind me what I got myself into hahahhahahahaha

Quoting SandraJo:

It might just be the color of my walls, or the fact that my kids always have to touch the walls once they get their hands dirty.

Quoting cLanief:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I don't think I've ever had a 100% smooth wall, but many homes I've lived in haven't had textured walls.

SandraJo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Lol, I used to live in a trailer that had wallpaper. It had stains that would never ever come off. Soap and water turned out to be a no-no. Play-doh didn't do a thing. I couldn't get it clean at all. A damp cloth did nothing.

I will never have wallpaper walls. Eff that.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

We've never lived anywhere (that I can remember) with textured walls.  You know what you should hate?  Wallpaper.  That stuff is a $$F#$%^$ pain in the $$$#%^% to get off.  :P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Lol, I can so picture that in my mind!

Quoting cLanief:

Lol I have 2 perfect hand prints at the top of my stairs on the wall from my evil spawn running up the stairs and running into the wall with dirty hands. I leave it there to remind me what I got myself into hahahhahahahaha

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting cLanief:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)