Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what decisions did you base the number of kids you want on?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 58 Replies
Finances?
Job?
Not wanting more than you can handle?
Etc...

We based ours on finances. We can budget with 2 kids..family of 4 without having to be on PA..Dh makes decent money and I work a couple days a week...but honestly if money wasn't an issue I would have 4 kids...but I won't..unless we win the lottery lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2theboy1994
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM

None of the above.

We didn't want kids. Then we got pregnant. The one we have is enough. We can comfortably, and with confidence say we are a family. Why muddle the herd with more? lol.

CplusG
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Dh and I decided to only have one for a couple reasons. He already has a dd from his previous marriage; two kids is enough. Economically, if we had any more, it would only take away from the two we already have; I don't feel that's fair to them.

I also enjoy being able to divide my time between just the two of them. That's enough for me, personally....

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM

My health, I wanted four, I got three, I'm too sick to raise any other children.

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Nope... Our infertility rules that number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

The fact that my doctor said if I have another child it could put me into severe kidney failure. because i only have one kidney

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Not there yet.
We haven't decided in how many we want.
He has 2 sons, we have DD together and are having another.
Don't really know for sure how many more we will have, still discussing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3earthangels
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
How many kids I could handle mentally, physically, and financially by myself. I planned it on my own because who knows what will happen. I wanted to be able to raise them on my own if something were to happen. As fate would have it, it did, and I am now divorced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

the fact that we discussed it and decided on one was based on the fact that we only wanted one not really any other factors in it. than i got pregnant and i vowed to myself to never ever ever ever ever put myself through that again

ddhb2007
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM
We made the decision based on my experience of labor and delivery. We're done with one. I'm not willing to risk my life again to have another child.
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Aside from having severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum, I never had the biological/physiological desire to have children. I love the two I have and I can provide for them. I do not want any more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)