Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy crap shes in jail

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 54 Replies

My niece.. shes 19 and has a son.. she just called me from jail. Apparently her ex punched her in the back of the head so defended herself. her ex got scratches from it and his mother called the cops. They arrested my niece, despite the fact her ex has two priors against her and is going to jail on drug charges in Feb. She's been in jail since the 8th! This is her first offense ever she has no priors. They wouldn't release her until court date because it happened in a different Provence.

WTF is up with that!!! She has court on Tuesday and her ex isn't pressing charges, no one will testify so shes hoping she gets out but is worried her ex is going to go for custody.. ugg.. what a mess.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM

That's terrible.  How did she defend herself? 

I hope everything works out for her!!

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM

How is he going to try for custody if he's busy going to jail for drugs!? 

Does she have [on paper] his priors that she can use against him if he wants to try to take her to court for custody? Can she go first?

acaisha
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

she can't do anything right now.. and shes afraid he will go for custody but isn't sure.. she hasn't seen the judge or had a chance to talk to anyone yet.. shes in holding cells.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

How is he going to try for custody if he's busy going to jail for drugs!? 

Does she have [on paper] his priors that she can use against him if he wants to try to take her to court for custody? Can she go first?

LeahJ
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
In most states, the victim of a domestic violence doesn't press charges, the state does. There are often also mandatory arrest laws on no release until court on DV cases. If you think about it, it makes sense in most cases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Seeing that he has two priors against her, and she allowed him the opportunity to gain yet another one, im not surprised she got locked up as well.

The police and courts are probably fed up with their shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

That's horrible! I hope everything works out for her and her son!! 

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Why didnt she file a report on him

acaisha
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I don't know.. she just called me from jail so it was pretty limited the conversation before they cut us off. From the sounds of it is they basically got into a bit of an arguement.. he punched her.. she hit him back.. and his mom who is diagnosed bipolar and is also heavy into drugs.. called the cops and made the report against my neice. Over all its a bad situation and I wish she would stay away from those people.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Why didnt she file a report on him

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quoting Litlmama87:

Seeing that he has two priors against her, and she allowed him the opportunity to gain yet another one, im not surprised she got locked up as well.

I think she means HE has 2 priors for hitting HER.

Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Yuletide Greetings, Happy Winter Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year, Feliz Navidad, Habari Gani. We wish you a happy holiday season.If you were left out,let me know and I will add your greeting too!
acaisha
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

what do you mean allowed him? He was on a visitation with his son.. i don't think she allowed him to punch her in the head..

Quoting Litlmama87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)