Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now what do I do??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
  • 14 Replies
My 2 year old has gotten to the point he can sing along to my music. I had Club Cant Handle Me by Flo Rida pumping in the car and he throws his arms up and starts singing the lyrics pretty dang perfectly!
I love my music. I love playing it while I drive. I make sure to not play the "bad words" songs but am I supposed to completely alter what I play?

AM I DOOMED TO KIDZ BOP TIL HE'S 14???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

kidz bop.. no, but I would limit some songs.. like.. sexy and I know it, probably aren't appropriate (although you can youtube the elmo version for him if you want lol)..

sweet.lil.mama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Lol my 2.5 yr old sings Amy winehouse rehab song lmao...he loves sail by awolnation too. Easy to sing and lots of repatition
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I had to curb mine too.  The older kids were fine and knew what they could repeat and what they could not.  My youngest has profound Autism and he's verbal, so he repeats and you can't explain to him why he should not.  So........

bluerose26
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM
lol. My 3 yr old dd and 5 month old ds like listening to eminem. My ds likes not afraid. I listened to it alot when i was pregnant with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MountainMomma3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Ahhhh. Club Can't Handle Me! Love that song. I made my family listen to it in the van yesterday on the way home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
We have all the kidz bops if you want copies..lol

Quoting abstractmommy:

My 2 year old has gotten to the point he can sing along to my music. I had Club Cant Handle Me by Flo Rida pumping in the car and he throws his arms up and starts singing the lyrics pretty dang perfectly!

I love my music. I love playing it while I drive. I make sure to not play the "bad words" songs but am I supposed to completely alter what I play?

AM I DOOMED TO KIDZ BOP TIL HE'S 14???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
My kids sing social distortion and rob zombie songs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I don't change what I listen to. But I listen to mostly 80's rock and my 4yo loves it. He loves Iron Maiden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM
He already goes "wiggle wiggle wiggle" (hangs head in shame)

Quoting jessi2girls:

kidz bop.. no, but I would limit some songs.. like.. sexy and I know it, probably aren't appropriate (although you can youtube the elmo version for him if you want lol)..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM
My DD is almost 4 and knows just about every Amy Winehouse song. Lol!

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

Lol my 2.5 yr old sings Amy winehouse rehab song lmao...he loves sail by awolnation too. Easy to sing and lots of repatition

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)