Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O I appreciate your military service but...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 50 Replies
8 moms liked this

I do respect,support and appreciate our military. I have several family members serving currently and I feel that they are brave individuals doing a necessary job that frankly, I would not want to do.

However, I keep seeing people say things like "you're welcome for your freedom" and "my husband is fighting for your freedom" because they or someone they know are in the military.

Sorry, but I feel the military are only a small part of what keeps our country free and the wars currently being fought have very little to do with a threat to the freedom of our nation. I believe all those politicians (even the hated ones),our constitution,the justice system and laws are what keeps our country free.

So please.spare me the overzealous patriotism and condescension.If I want to say thank you to a serviceman or woman, I will.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I still think it is mean when a person is missing a limb or has some issues and people make fun of them when they would not be that way if they had not chosen to serve.

Apollos82
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Spare me your self righteous "it's not just the military" attitude, then, and we'll get along fine! 

LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this
It is very sad...but really has nothing to do with what the OP is saying.

I think she is talking about the attitude of "my shit don't stink and I can do whatever I want because my husband is in the military and you are required to treat me like I'm important because of that".

Quoting laranadtony:

I still think it is mean when a person is missing a limb or has some issues and people make fun of them when they would not be that way if they had not chosen to serve.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyBlythe
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv

Quoting Famousglm714:

I agree.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2ZOEBETH

Of course that is mean and completely horrible too. Not to mention talking down about those that die fighting on behalf of our country. I just don't think fighting for the country always equals fighting for freedom.

Quoting laranadtony:

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2_3blessings
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this
The difference there ...is most other causes wouldn't DIE for your freedom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)